We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

don maung to kanchanaburi

Brockton...
1 post
Save Topic
don maung to kanchanaburi

Hello-arriving too late for train.Is public taxi my best option?I'd rather not have to go into Bangkok for mini-bus.How much is taxi?Would private taxi be an option.

Thank you very much

15 replies to this topic
Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
22,385 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: don maung to kanchanaburi

Hi,

What time is late? You may have time to take a taxi to the Southern Bus Terminal and then a bus to Kanchanaburi. A taxi will probably cost 2 to 2.5K.

Kanchanaburi...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
1,230 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: don maung to kanchanaburi

Hi

A taxi would cost you 2,000 baht from Don Muang Airport to Kanchanaburi town.

But like Andy suggested, you can also take the public bus from Southern Bus Terminal if you wish.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
22,385 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: don maung to kanchanaburi

Hi,

If you care to travel in style Oriental Escape charges 2,800 baht. As part of the deal you will be met at the airport:

https:/…bangkok.html

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
1,914 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: don maung to kanchanaburi

Travelling a fair distance by road in a small vehicle in the dark.....not for me.

Why not stop overnight somewhere close to the river, like on Phra Athit or thereabouts.

Up early, and a short taxi ride over Pinklao Bridge to Thonburi train station, an catch the 0750 train [100 baht] to Kanchanaburi. Arrive about 1030, still fresh after an enjoyable Thai train experience.

Kanchanaburi...
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: don maung to kanchanaburi

I have paid 1,500 baht from Don Muang several times, and 2000 baht from Suvarnabhumi. Go upstairs to departures and you will find taxis leaving empty and surprisingly happy to take you to Kan.

Kanchanaburi...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
1,230 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: don maung to kanchanaburi

Hi

If you get caught, you could be in trouble. To take the taxis, you should go to arrivals taxi stand. There will be plenty around.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
22,385 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: don maung to kanchanaburi

Hi,

I know they are keen to drive people into the city but Kanchanaburi!

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
16,046 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: don maung to kanchanaburi

Taxis picking up passengers at departures is not permitted. When you do use a taxi from there the taxis are not registered. No record of you being picked up, no identification of the driver and vehicle. Down some dark road late at night the driver could even kick you out minus your money, computer, smart phone, suitcase or bag and you would never be able to identify the driver! Even if the driver agrees to use the meter for a ride to the city area the best you save in price is the 50 baht surcharge.

-

So what time do you arrive at Don Muang? Can you take an earlier flight to Bangkok?

Edited: 29 October 2017, 23:04
Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
22,385 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: don maung to kanchanaburi

Hi,

Lots of people do just this though.

Kanchanaburi...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
1,230 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: don maung to kanchanaburi

Hi

It just takes you to be unlucky and get caught and that would really spoil your holiday. The authorities here are getting more strict by the day and I would not chance it and lose my holiday.

Reply to: don maung to kanchanaburi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted