We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Kanchanburi to Suvarnabhumi

NEWTOWNARDS, N...
Level Contributor
620 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Travel from Kanchanburi to Suvarnabhumi

I'm looking a bit of advice from the experts with regards to catching a flight from BKK to Saigon/HCMC and any advice would be much appreciated.

My flight is at 15.25 therefore I would need to be at the airport a good three hours before my flight. I was going to get the early train to Thonburi then make my way to the airport with the BTS and ARL but I'm sure there are probably easier/quicker ways to do it (by bus for example).

Could anyone please recommend the preferred option and if the bus is the best way then where do I get it in Kanchanaburi and would I need to pre-book it?

Thanks in advance.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,316 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Kanchanburi to Suvarnabhumi

Hi,

I would take the air con bus into Bangkok and disemabark at Pinklao. From there it is easy enough to take a taxi to BKK. It isn't necessary to pre book the bus, just show up at the air con bus terminal beforehand. Incidentally, buses leave every 20 minutes.

If you plan to get to the airport by public transport only, take the bus as mentioned above and from where you get droped down take a city bus to Victory Monument from where you can link up with the BTS.

NEWTOWNARDS, N...
Level Contributor
620 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Kanchanburi to Suvarnabhumi

Thanks for the quick reply.

It looks like the bus then - can you please advise how long the bus would normally take (I know this is subject to the level of traffic and can't be an exact science).

Thanks again.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,316 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Kanchanburi to Suvarnabhumi

Hi,

You are welcome.

The bus takes about 2.5 hours, a little less to Pinklao. Indeed, I would plan on leaving Kanchanaburi six hours before your flight departure time. Add on more time for the city bus + BTS/ARL option.

No worries about getting dropped down at Pinklao, many Thais will do the same, do mention it to the ticket collector on the bus though.

NEWTOWNARDS, N...
Level Contributor
620 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from Kanchanburi to Suvarnabhumi

Sounds like the plan to me 'AjamAndy' - thanks again for taking the time to post that.

Just over three weeks and counting and I'll be there - can't wait.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,316 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel from Kanchanburi to Suvarnabhumi

Hi,

I know the feeling! Enjoy wonderfull Kanchanaburi and if you have anymore questions you know where to ask.

Best regards, Andy.

NEWTOWNARDS, N...
Level Contributor
620 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel from Kanchanburi to Suvarnabhumi

Cheers Andy, you might regret that offer!!

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,316 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel from Kanchanburi to Suvarnabhumi

Hi,

No way, everything is (reasonably) fresh in my mind.

Have a good day, Andy.

Kanchanaburi...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
1,435 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel from Kanchanburi to Suvarnabhumi

Hi

Are you flying out of Don Muang or Suvarnabhumi?

If Don Muang take the BTS to Mochit then transfer by taxi to the airport. If Suvarnabhumi take the BTS to Phaya Thai then transfer by Airport Link.

9. Re: Travel from Kanchanburi to Suvarnabhumi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2018, 17:18