We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pool access room recommendations please

Christchurch
Level Contributor
77 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Pool access room recommendations please

Hi. I have read lots of forums and hotel reviews but am hoping someone can give me some specific info. Is it possible to get a pool access room or at least a poolside room. We will be there July (2 of us which is mid 40s female and my 15 yr old son so we also need a twin room) for 3 or 4 nights. Budget is around 3000 to 4000b per night. Am happy to be on the edge of town and a block or 2 away from the beach. Doesn't have to be a big resort. Any recommendations greatly appreciated.

thanks

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pool access room recommendations please

If you want pool access that obviously reduces choices.

Sea Cret is just a very short walk to the beach, they have, deluxe 'poolside' within your budget, that is close to the Intercontinental and also close to Hua Hin Market Village shopping mall, it is not far from town but you need tuk tuk ( but daytime you can use the songthaew - pick up with seats in the back ) to and from town center for B 10 per person ( AU/US 30 cents ), sorry, don't know the NZD but anyway, you can see it is cheap.

theseacrethuahin.com/accommodation.html#we

There is a video clip somewhere, I will try and find for you

For poolside pretty good value, but you are not 'on' the beach.

There are other options around that can be further from town.

During weekdays many could be relatively quiet, busier at weekends, but if you not need actual pool access you can open up the choice so much.

Baan Laksasuba has about 15 suite units ( so not many people ) , small luxury, there is small pool in the center + beachside, you get reserved beach loungers and shade.

The big + is location. It is next to Centara ( before the Sofitel ) so you are steps into the center whilst at the same time being on about the best part of the beach.

You can walk to night market, street stalls, over the water restaurants, shopping etc.

Has all the cosy extras, you don't need transport anywhere as everything is close to center

You will find plenty to do in the area also ( Hua Hin Safari, Elephant ride, floating markets, water park etc )

I think a lot can depend if you want to be steps from the center, there are places scattered north and south of town, local transport is easy, cheap and friendly, but if you like to be able to walk to places, can make a difference.

Edited: 16 February 2012, 21:37
Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pool access room recommendations please

The price range for Sea Cret for deluxe poolside is about B 3,800 range inc tax, service and breakfast

Laksaubha probably similar

You are going to have to watch and check with care for 2 beds as in 'twin' as so many hotels just have 1 double bed, so do check that with great care.

scotland
Level Contributor
24 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pool access room recommendations please

Hi there

We have booked a one bedroomed apartment with pool access at the Tira Tiraa condo which is near the night market for a very reasonable price. It is a 10 minute walk to the beach . There are a few others in the same apartment and I am sure there are two bedroomed pool access apartments as well. The one we are going to can be seen on Roomerama website. Please pm me if you need more info,

Cheers

Kim

Scotland

scotland
Level Contributor
24 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pool access room recommendations please

Hi there

We have booked a one bedroomed apartment with pool access at the Tira Tiraa condo which is near the night market for a very reasonable price. It is a 10 minute walk to the beach . There are a few others in the same apartment and I am sure there are two bedroomed pool access apartments as well. The one we are going to can be seen on Roomerama website. Please pm me if you need more info,

Cheers

Kim

Scotland

london
Level Contributor
61 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pool access room recommendations please

there is a brand new hotel in khao takiab called chalay monta they have pool acses rooms they quoted me direct at hotel 3500 per night for pool acces rooms and would give discount for 7 day plus bookings worth having a look . at we ate at the restaurant it was relly good value for the food they serve.

Christchurch
Level Contributor
77 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pool access room recommendations please

Thanks for those recommendations. I will check them out.

London
Level Contributor
182 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pool access room recommendations please

The Sheraton has pool access rooms but the rate is a bit higher than you want to pay however if you look on Asia Rooms website or any of the other last booking websites you can get the price down quite a lot.

Christchurch
Level Contributor
77 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pool access room recommendations please

Thanks for that tip, much appreciated

Christchurch
Level Contributor
77 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pool access room recommendations please

I have booked the Putahracsa in a ground floor silksand room with twin beds. It is right next to the pool so easy access for my son to go swimming. Rate was 3500b pn inc breakfast.

As you said Monica finding twin beds was the hard part.

Thanks for all your help,

10. Re: Pool access room recommendations please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2013, 19:20