We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Green bus from Chiang Rai to Chiang Mai

Level Contributor
21 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Green bus from Chiang Rai to Chiang Mai

Hi all, I recently checked the Green Bus website. Unfortunately, it wasn't in English. Does anyone know (roughly) the schedule of the buses leaving from Chiang Rai to Chiang Mai? Is it often (like every 30 minutes?)

Any information will be a big help!

Many thanks!

lewes uk
Level Contributor
10,139 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Green bus from Chiang Rai to Chiang Mai

Hi,

You can find the schedule here: pheongroup.com/mediapool/62/621073/data/Gree…

Cheers

Wyong, Australia
Level Contributor
4,569 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Green bus from Chiang Rai to Chiang Mai

This is a link to a timetable and price list for the Green Bus.

chiangraitouristinformation.com/mediapool/62…

Have fun

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,800 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Green bus from Chiang Rai to Chiang Mai

Hi,

Just wondering what is the difference between VIP and 1st class buses? Also, is it the same schedule everyday of the week?

We'll be transferring from Chaing Mai to Chaing Rai, and then over to Laos in a few weeks. I can't wait!

Many thanks in advance,

- K

lewes uk
Level Contributor
10,139 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Green bus from Chiang Rai to Chiang Mai

Hi,

As far as I know the VIP buses have fewer seats, it's about 5 or 6 rows with 2 seats on the left of the aisle and 1 on the right side, air con and a toilet on board, they don't stop on the journey. The first class are 2+2 seats, aircon but no toilet and they stop for 15 minutes half way.

cheers

Wyong, Australia
Level Contributor
4,569 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Green bus from Chiang Rai to Chiang Mai

You'll have to book the VIP tickets early

We started out from Chiang Mai, soon after landing we grab cab and go to the Arcade Bus Station to buy two VIP Tickets on the Green Bus to Chiang Rai.

The woman behind the counter looks at me and explains that there’s only one seat on the 10:30 bus and the next bus leaves at 1:00

Now I’m not going to say I didn't think of a dozen different reasons why me going ahead of the cook made good sense, I could check in for us, have a shower, lunch, and have a lovely cup of coffee made for her after she had finished unpacking our luggage, but the though of the repercussions burst that bubble.

So it would be the 11:00am First Class Bus to CR, not that much difference really, a little longer and a little less leg room, half the price but still heading in the right direction.

thailine.com/thailand/…Chiang Rai

KGB_4

We have a similar trip in mind, but we'll fly back to Bangkok then up to Udon Thani onto Vientiane and who knows maybe a spot of tubing in Vang Vieng.

Have fun

inaspin

6. Re: Green bus from Chiang Rai to Chiang Mai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 13 November 2013, 16:39
Wyong, Australia
Level Contributor
4,569 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Green bus from Chiang Rai to Chiang Mai

G-Day Mate

Always keen to meet a fellow traveler, but by the sounds of things she seems to get around a bit and with my line of work I can't afford to pick up any residual luggage.

http://www.sugarman.org/coldlyrics.html

See ya

inaspin

8. Re: Green bus from Chiang Rai to Chiang Mai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 19:25