We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jermsak

Which Chiang Rai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
48 posts
143 reviews
Save Topic
Jermsak

Hi I just wanted to say a big thank you to Broder for recommending Jermsak to us. What a delightful person, so kind and caring he really is a gem.

The first day he arranged for a driver to collect us in Chiang Mai and drive us through to Chiang Rai. It was a wonderful drive and stopping along the way to visit sights like the white temple made it so interesting. The second day, we had a long tail boat ride, an elephant ride and then went to visit the 5 different hill tribe villages. This was wonderful and not something you would normaly do if you were in a group. The third day we went across the border into Myanmar to visit the markets. On the fourth day he collected us from Chiang Saen and tranfered us to Chiang Rai airport. These 4 days out of our months holiday were a highlight. I can recommend Jersak to anyone heading to this region.

My only negative comment which no way reflects on Jermsak is that I would not recommend travelling to this area (Chiang Mai and worse in Chiang Rai) in March or April. The air was thick with smoke from people burning on their farms in Thailand, Laos and Myanmar. When I say thick on one day you could not see the otherside of the river. It you had any respiratory problems you would have a serious problem. I was advised that this happens every year.

We stayed at the Anaatara which was fabulous and I would recommend to everyone.

Thank you to everyone who posted their stories, it really helped me in planning my holiday.

Indiana
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Jermsak

We just used Jermsak for a 3 day guided tour and I agree he is a great guide. His phone number is 0846154459.

Perth
Level Contributor
511 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Jermsak

Hi, This is great info. My hubby and I will be travelling to Chaing Mai. We will fly into Chang Mai and back from Chang Mai via KL back to Perth. Could you suggest a good route to take. We are planning to spend 10 days in Thailand. Would you be able please to give me contact details for Jermsak. What sort of price does he charge for a day trip. Does he just charge one standard price or is it per person. Thinking would be economical with four of us. What you did looks great. Where did you stay in Chang Mai. Im thinking maybe a couple of days Chaing Mai then the four days like what you did then perhaps have a tour different route back to Chang Mai for a couple more days. Any suggestions would be great. We think maybe August or October. Which would be best? Thanks Di

Indiana
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Jermsak

Hi Di,

Jermsak's contact information is Jermsak_cei@yahoo.co.th and his phone number is 0846154459. Give him a call directly and he will help you customize your trip based on what you want to do. The guy's English is great. For my wife and I he charged 700 Baht per day for the guide and prices ranging from 1200 to 2200 Baht per day for the car and fuel, depending on the route we took. Since we were not concerned about pricing, we did not discuss pricing arrangements in advance. It seems that for reading on these boards, his 700/day pricing is the same. The price is for the guide, independent of the number of people. In Chiang Mai we stayed at CH Hotel which located just outside the night market. Great location if you like shopping and you will always find a tuk tuk outside the hotel waiting to give you a ride.

Bogdan

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Chiang Rai, Chiang Rai Province
Level Contributor
3,352 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Jermsak

Kiwioza:

We had four people in our group with Jermsak and like the above poster, Jermsak still only charged us 700 baht per day for all four of us, which is about $21 USD. He is so worth it. The 700 batht is just for his guide service but you will be amazed at the type of personal service you receive from someone who is just genuinely a good human being with incredible knowledge of northern Thailand.

The above posters comments on the cost for the car/fuel are accurate also. We paid between 1200 baht and 2200 baht per day for the car and fuel, depending on how far we went. Jermsak had it all broken down for us in advance so we knew exactly what we were paying for. The above costs for us though also included all of the fees for entrance to any activities i.e. boat rides, elephant riding, as well as lunch for the four of us.

If you click on my profile on Trip Advisors (just click on my name next to my posts) and look for my Chiang Rai trip report in July 2008 that should give you some good ideas on activities.

We contacted Jermsak by email and he responded right away. His English is great. My sister is a speech pathologist and they enjoyed discussing Jermsak's ability to teach himself English, which my sister found amazing, given his high level of skill.

If you have any more questions, feel free to send them through.

Broder

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
9,959 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Jermsak

Hi kiwioza,

We also flew Air Asia from Gold Coast to KL and then up to Chiang Mai - last September/October. We traveled with our two sons - not sure if your group are all adults and inc children.

I have a number of trip reports from that time 'Chiang Mai Part One', 'Chiang Mai Part Two' and 'Chiang Rai'. There is also a KL report. If you click on my profile you can scroll back and have a read. The info may help you out.

Send through any more questions.

Just one thing to keep in mind - don't cut yourself short of time. You can easily spent a full week in Chiang Mai and surrounds and if possible at least three nights in Chiang Rai. There is so much to see and experience in this part of the world.

Jermsak is amazing.

Caroline.

Perth
Level Contributor
511 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Jermsak

Hi all you fantastic people. Thanks sooo much for all the info. I will check out your trip reports. Still trying to convince the other couple that we should go to Chaing Mai and Chang Rai.We plan to have 2 weeks all up. So wish Asia Air sale is for travel earlier than next year. Thanks again

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
149 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Jermsak

can you tell me what the cost is to hire Jersak, and his driver ? thank you

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Chiang Rai, Chiang Rai Province
Level Contributor
3,352 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Jermsak

Rosemary:

Jermsak's services, in summer 2008, were 700 baht per day (about $20 USD). The driver depended on how far we were going on a particular day, as the cost of the fuel was included in our charges. I am away from home right now and don't have my travel journal with me, but I believe the driver (incuding water, cold towels etc.) was about 1,700 to 1,800 baht base amount for a full day with fuel in addition to that amount.

Broder

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
149 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Jermsak

Thank you Border for you answer to my question re costs for Jermsak, although I see that it has been answered many times ! You are so kind to share your travel adventures to others like myself. Much appreciated ! PS I'm headed to Colorado for 3 month of summer in Vail. Lived in CO for 12 years and visit each year for both summer and winter. A true Paradise in itself !!

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
9,959 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Jermsak

Hi Rosemary,

I'll just add that you can ask Jermsak to break down a quote for you. He did this for us (without us asking).

If you email him and tell him the kinds of things you'd like to do - he will give you a quote which outlines his charges, the driver, fuel and other costs, if there are any.

Caroline.