We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boss of Cheaper than Hotels Taxis in Khao Lak

chicago, IL
Level Contributor
907 posts
55 reviews
Boss of Cheaper than Hotels Taxis in Khao Lak

This person's transfer service was just rec'd to me by another TA member. I've done a search on the forums and can't find any info on it. I did email him and he already responded within 5 minutes...isn't it the middle of the night in Thailand?! Anyway, the rate is great at 1000bht from Phuket airport to Khao Lak. Anyone every used this service before - Boss of Cheaper than Hotels Taxis?

thank you

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Boss of Cheaper than Hotels Taxis in Khao Lak

Most people complain about not getting a reply rather than getting one from Thailand within 5 minutes.:)

Boss ("That's because I am boss!") operates his business from on the highway in Bang La On, the main township of Khao Lak and relies on doing exactly what he calls his operation "Cheaper than hotels". He runs a modern fleet of taxis and provides transfers from Phuket Airport throughout Khao Lak. There have been members who have reported on satisfactory services on this forum and I am aware of others while we have been in Khao Lak who have done so and hence my recommendations here.

However, if you book him and he (or one of his drivers) is not waiting for you when you arrive as arranged, you can always take a regular taxi. There are always plenty available.

Bucks
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Boss of Cheaper than Hotels Taxis in Khao Lak

Hi there,

are you able to send me the contact details for him as im going shortly and need to arrange a lift form the airport too.

Many thanks

Caroline

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
3. Re: Boss of Cheaper than Hotels Taxis in Khao Lak

Hi Caroline,

He calls himself Boss (as he is) at Cheaper than Hotel Taxi

Email: cheaper_khaolak@ymail.com

Local Mobile: 085 7861378

Enjoy yourself.

chicago, IL
Level Contributor
907 posts
55 reviews
4. Re: Boss of Cheaper than Hotels Taxis in Khao Lak

arandora...no, I did not mean I was upset or complaining about the rapid response. I was stating that as an indication that I felt he was professional, legit, etc.

I'm actually using his services three times while I'm on Phuket. Thanks to everyone who posted and made me feel good about this decision.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
5. Re: Boss of Cheaper than Hotels Taxis in Khao Lak

I didn't think you were, hence the :)

I tink he lives with his phone, which he uses for Email perpetually stuck to his ear. Irt is reassuring though to get good recoomendations. I hope you will post your experiences of the service in due course for the benefit of future members.

Enjoy!

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
229 posts
9 reviews
6. Re: Boss of Cheaper than Hotels Taxis in Khao Lak

Alan,

Do you know if Boss has cars big enough to fit 7 people? We need a transfer from the airport to Cousin Resort in March for 4 adults and 3 kids...or do you think we should we just use the Cousin for a transfer?

Thanks

Angie

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
7. Re: Boss of Cheaper than Hotels Taxis in Khao Lak

Hi Anjie,

He seemed to have just Toyota sallons but youi could ask him. If Cousin can't arrange for you (and I will find out in 3 weeks when we get there and let you know if you like) Khao Lak Land Discovery definitely can - see www.khaolaklanddiscovery.com/bookings.php

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
229 posts
9 reviews
8. Re: Boss of Cheaper than Hotels Taxis in Khao Lak

Thanks Alan, that would be great if you could find out from Cousin for me and also the approx cost and also if they by any chance have seatbelts in their car/van??? Know this is rare in Thailand but just thought I would ask.... Lucky you being there in 3 weeks :) we have 4 mths to wait :(

Thanks again

Angie

Bondi, Australia
Level Contributor
50 posts
66 reviews
9. Re: Boss of Cheaper than Hotels Taxis in Khao Lak

We used 'Cheaper than Hotel's' Taxi's both to and from Phuket airport to Merlin resort last week.

The driver was waiting for us at the aiport with our name and hotel clearly on a sign. And on our return arrived at our hotel on time.

The car was a modern toyota saloon with air-con.

1000 baht each way.

Thanks to Arandora and the numerous other posters for the very helpful information on this forum.

10. Re: Boss of Cheaper than Hotels Taxis in Khao Lak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 December 2013, 08:04
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak