We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

X10 is on special again with scoopon.

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
1,629 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
X10 is on special again with scoopon.

I know a lot of people have been waiting for this special as I have been waiting a long time for it.

Linda

16 replies to this topic
Sydney
Level Contributor
292 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: X10 is on special again with scoopon.

Comparing the deal to the price of booking the rooms at today's price it may seem like a good deal. But to those of us who were lucky enough to purchase the deal through Scoopon last near it is not nearly as attractive. Last year there were 8 days of meals included for lunch/dinner compared to 2 this year. Also there are only 2 x 30 min. spa treatments whereas last year there were 8 X 30 min treatments. Hubby and I enjoyed eating out for lunch and having dinner in the resort but doing that and having to pay for dinner I estimate would be over $500. Even not worrying about the different in massages the cost of the deal plus $500 plus for meals isn't worth considering for us.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,025 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: X10 is on special again with scoopon.

You can eat and drink more cheaply outside the resort which should help reduce the difference in cost and help the local restaurants and bars.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
363 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: X10 is on special again with scoopon.

I would find it too boring to eat n the hotel every night and as as I don't like massages these deals are never good value for me. Also its so cheap to eat in the local restaurants, I would spend max $20 and that includes 2 gin & tonics!

Phillip Island...
Level Contributor
940 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: X10 is on special again with scoopon.

No not as good as the last one, but still pretty good IMO....

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
724 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: X10 is on special again with scoopon.

Totally agree...who wants to eat dinner in the Hotel ? Each to their own I guess.

As for the massages pass.

Cheers

Rob

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,727 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: X10 is on special again with scoopon.

We have done last years deal twice and on both trips only used the meal voucher to get the free cocktails, which were well made.

The hotel buffet was typically Thai hotel average plus we prefer to eat outside the hotel and support the small local restaurants. I am not sure where adding $500 to the deal comes from for meals, we usually spend 300-400 baht for a meal for the two of us including a Chang long neck to share which comes in at $130 for the week.

This new deal is set mini for 2 meals and the day spa massages are motion monthly special for 650 baht which are top quality and going outside for 350-400 isn’t even worth considering. For AUD799 it is better value than The Sands for a grand plus a better hotel to boot.

Sydney
Level Contributor
292 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: X10 is on special again with scoopon.

My estimate of $500 was based on the buffet and free drink. From memory I think that was about $40 each person. Two people X $40 X the 6 days you don't get the same meals works out at $480.As older folk we preferred to be out and about during the day and eat the buffet at dinner which was included. The buffet had a lot of variety and we always found things to satisfy us. Each to their own.

Coolangatta...
Level Contributor
283 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: X10 is on special again with scoopon.

Yeah, the deal last year was very generous, but its a top spot with lovely staff & well located ........

I'm another who likes to explore the local restaurants.

IMHO, just go for it.

ENJOY

Rob

Edited: 15 May 2018, 10:02
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
188 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: X10 is on special again with scoopon.

I am interested in booking this deal for a family holiday in April 2019. Has anyone got any idea how long the deal is likely to be on Scoopon for?

Ideally I'd like to book flights at the same time so I know my costs up front.

Thank you!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,025 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: X10 is on special again with scoopon.

If the flight prices are acceptable now I would check the dates with the resort then book and forget

Reply to: X10 is on special again with scoopon.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted