We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Extended stay on Praslin

Norway
Level Contributor
27 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Extended stay on Praslin

We are thinking about taking 6 months off work for traveling around the world, and we're starting to investigate whether it is possible for us to have an extended stay in the Seychelles, i.e. for a period of 2-3 months.

- Is it at all possible to rent a house/apartment/room on Praslin for a period of 2-3 months?

- What would be the approx. monthly cost for renting a house/apartment/room in the Côte d'Or area (or any other area) on Praslin, with access to WC/shower, cooking stove & washing machine? Internet access is a plus.

Thanks in advance for all replies.

London
Level Contributor
849 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Extended stay on Praslin

I will check with a contact in tourism to see if it would be possible.

You may well like to see if there is someone on Eden Island who could let a property for that length of time, there are one or two correspondents who tune in to this forum!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
73 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Extended stay on Praslin

Here's an excerpt regarding tourist visa:

The Visitor’s Permit is initially valid for the period of visit of up to one month. It can be extended for a period of up to three months from the date of issue and capable of further extensions for successive periods not exceeding three months at a time to a maximum period of twelve months, provided that the person still meets the criteria of a bona fide visitor.

The visitor's permit is issued free of charge for the first three months after which there is a fee of SCR1,000 for extension covering each period of three months or any part thereof.

I'm sure you would be able to find some form of accommodation in Praslin, you will have to look for self-cathering guest houses. Not sure about apartments but you never know.

Norway
Level Contributor
27 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Extended stay on Praslin

Thanks for replying ;)

I got the same information from an immigration officer, so the only thing I need to know is how to sort out the accommodation.

Eden Island: What would be the cost for one month rental?

4. Re: Extended stay on Praslin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2012, 22:12
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
73 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Extended stay on Praslin

nimenime, Eden island is not on Praslin incase you didn't realise. It's a reclaimed island by Mahe.

Norway
Level Contributor
27 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Extended stay on Praslin

I know, but it would still be an option if the cost was reasonable :)

Seychelles
Level Contributor
94 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Extended stay on Praslin

Try the Rocky Bay Villa at Anse La Blague Praslin. Nice spot at reasonable price.

Seychelles
Level Contributor
94 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Extended stay on Praslin

Try the Rocky Bay Villa at Anse La Blague Praslin. Nice spot at reasonable price.

victoria
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Extended stay on Praslin

hi

am currently living in the seychelles,I do have a friend working at the jetty in the info desk on praslin,they have absolutly all infos about self catering,hotels,car hires,diving business..

if you want give me your contact details i'll make the necessary arrangements that you get in touch directly with her..

Houses easy to get on praslin at very reasonable price too,the cheapest might be at 300 rupees per day,fully furnished..lots of options are available

Edited: 02 July 2010, 05:18
10. Re: Extended stay on Praslin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2010, 16:16
Get answers to your questions about Praslin Island