We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rinjani eruption 25th October 2015 - All trekking closed

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3,103 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Rinjani eruption 25th October 2015 - All trekking closed

Be advised that there has been a small eruption of Rinjani at 10:45am this morning 25th October, 2015. Those at the lake and trekking are being evacuated as a precaution, and Rinjani has been closed for all trekking until further notice. This also includes all hiking trails through the Rinjani National Park - either through Sembulan and Timbanuh, East Lombok, and Senaru and North Lombok - basically anywhere around the volcano is currently closed as a precaution.

Lombok
Level Contributor
1,783 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rinjani eruption 25th October 2015 - All trekking closed

I spoke to the trekking company we use this morning and they and the other companies are still operating the 2d/1n trek to the crater rim only. There is no trekking to the lake or summit.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3,103 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rinjani eruption 25th October 2015 - All trekking closed

Thanks for the update Lombok Lover :)

1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Rinjani eruption 25th October 2015 - All trekking closed

Hi, we want to do the 3d - 2n trekking, starting on this coming friday, do anyone know if all areas has opend again after the small eruption a few weeks ago?

- Mikala and Mark

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3,103 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rinjani eruption 25th October 2015 - All trekking closed

The eruption 8 days ago is ongoing. Not big but they probably won't go to the lake or summit. It would be best to contact your trekking company for an update as the situation can change

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3,103 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rinjani eruption 25th October 2015 - All trekking closed

Rinjani continues to puff away, today an ash cloud coveting Bali has led to Jetstar and Virgin cancelling flights to Bali from Australia.

Edited: 03 November 2015, 14:36
Melbourne, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Rinjani eruption 25th October 2015 - All trekking closed

I' m booked to fly Lion Air Denasar - Lombok this afternoon, anyone know if the flights will be operating? - I can't seem to find anything on the Lion Air website.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3,103 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rinjani eruption 25th October 2015 - All trekking closed

Lion Air would not update their website with that sort of information, apart from them infrequently making any updates, ash clouds change too quickly and the only way to know is to go to the airport (unless they email or SMS you prior)

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Rinjani eruption 25th October 2015 - All trekking closed

Hi Sudiah,

Iv booked for trek in Rinjani on the 24th of November, about a month ago.

Do you know if treks would be open by then?

I'v planned this trip for months now, and I would be heartbrokenly disappointed if I had to head to Indonesia without hiking it's Volcanos.

Currently wondering if I should book mt.Bromo and Ijen Crater or should I wait for Rinjani, since I can only afford one.

Thank you .

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3,103 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rinjani eruption 25th October 2015 - All trekking closed

I've no idea Stephanie, it would be best to ask your trekking company

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rinjani eruption 25th October 2015 - All trekking closed

Just wondering if the volcano is still erupting and whether trekking is open again?