We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lion air

magog
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Lion air

Lion air Cheap But next time I pay 3 times the price to be on Garuda . I booked three weeks in advance with lion air The day before leaving I had to change my flight time Because that flight was cancelled . BY THEM not by us

They wanted to charge my wife and myself more money because we changed the flight time . They Cancelled the flight not us They were missing people to fill up that flight that is the reason that they gave us . I had to wait 11 hour in the next airport because of that .

They were late taking off . Better make sure that your other flights are not to tight .

The worst landing I ever had was with Lion air . Like Really hard.

Ask around before buying your ticket .

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lion air

magog, what was the flight number, route, date, and time of departure of the flight and what flight did they put you on instead of the original one you booked?

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
268 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lion air

Seems like a bad dream, Scott. Can people just cancel that flight and ask their money back, then purchase a new one? I never been in your situation, but my story is, Sriwijaya Air announced to us that they reschedule our flight, and they give us two options: take the new schedule, or take 100% refund.

magog
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lion air

Yes they cancelled the flight just like that . The boy that sold us the ticket was very nice and called me in my hotel room and tryed to help us .He explaned to us what we could do . And every thing was to be OK .( But is was not ) And I had three other flights to catch after that one . So we could not take the chance of getting there late .

magog
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lion air

Sorry the tickets have been dumpped .The only infomation that I can give you is below

flight 16:05 pm Cancelled We took the 12.15 pm Flight that was late on the 8th march 2012

they had another flight in the evening . to tight for my other flights

And NO money back if you go to another Airline .

Edited: 11 March 2012, 16:40
Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lion air

Garuda completely ripped me of once.

They sold our seats to someone else and then denied boarding, claiming we had checked in "too late".

We had in fact checked in at least 1hr 30m+ prior and were in the first group of 5-6 people to check-in for the flight. We had arrived at the airport far too early and had already endured an extended wait for that flights checkin procedures to open. We were most certainly not "too late" and in any case the boarding passes had been issued to us when the checkin procedures had first opened.

Garuda staff later took out boarding passes away from us claiming they need to "check them", then refused to return them.

When I complained that we needed to board the flight to which we had ticketing and allocated seating they suggested I instead purchase 2 full price business class tickets for flights the next day or make other arrangements.

The entire proceedings were ludicrous.

When I demanded that our boarding passes must be returned they said "they never existed", "you arrived too late to be checked in" and laughed at us.

They apparently thought this was highly amusing.

The seats already allocated to us were apparently sold to someone else as that flight subsequently left the airport with a full passenger load.

This was a GA domestic flight departing CGK.

It was the most outragious experience I have ever suffered at the hands of any airline anywhere in the world.

We flew with Lion Air the next day without incident. To their credit the night before when they heard the story of what had just happened with Garuda they tried very hard to get us onto a flight. Due to the Garuda staff playing games trying to double dip and rip us off again by selling us outrageously overpriced replacement tickets on alternative flights the next day we were by then too late to board the alternative Lion Air flight that night. By the time I got across to the Lion AIr terminal they were closing the doors on their flight.

The Garuda staff concerned were quite comfortable with this 'gaming' so I assume they had done it many times and got away with it.

Garuda management never refunded our ticket purchase price and never replaced the misappropriated tickets.

Instead they just played silly to-and-fro games for months on the telephone, ignored all emails and evaded or cancelled most face to face meetings.

They did provide a verbal apology of sorts at a middle management level but then made no offer or payment regarding the taxi fares and a nights expensive accommodation that arose from the dishonesty at the airport or the misappropriated tickets.

I have never used Garuda again since.

This is the Indonesian airline that now proclaims they seek a new image, currently has a 4 star skytrax rating and claims they are seeking a 5 star rating.

I am genuinely impressed with the improvements with Garuda, especially the fleet upgrades and the retiring of the many highly doubtful boneyard specials they used to paint up nicely in Garuda colours and fly about the region.

However my cynicism toward their management attitude remains firm.

Our flight was no doubt overbooked and someone prepared to pay a generous premium turned up late and demanded seats.

Our entitlement to travel on that aircraft was then misappropriated even well after after boarding passes had been issued. The already allocated seats were then apparently sold to other passengers who turned up late.

The profit derived from this dishonesty and scamming no doubt went straight into the pockets of the sneering laughing staff involved. Then they tried to scam us again by selling us economy tickets at inflated rates on flights the next day.

Garuda apparently did not feel they should even refund out ticket purchase price or replace out tickets for use on a later flight.

Remember this story if trying to make a decision which airline you should choose.

Edited: 11 March 2012, 18:52
Level Contributor
69 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lion air

Sounds like unlucky experience for you.

But i never get bad experience with garuda in my pass 3 years..

With theoir fresh concept ,i always enjoy

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lion air

So I am Assuming you were booked flying LOP-CGK on 7 march 2012 on Lion Air JT 653 departing 16:05, that was then cancelled and you subsequently left the next day on JT 657 departing at 12:35.

Lion do operate JT 659 to Jakarta departing at 17:55, however you have mentioned that was too late for your connections.

They really should have immediately put you onto GA 433 dep LOP at 14:35, arr CGK at 15:25, assuming there were still seats available when they understood you had a connecting flight to meet.

I imagine Lion Air presented the argument that they were willing to send you on the next available JT service; JT 659 to Jakarta departing at 17:55. Obviously that was going to land you in Jakarta 1 hours and 50 mins later than you planned.

Assuming you were allowing a minimum of 1 hours for transfers and 2 hour prior check-in for an international departure in CGK then your flight leaving Jakarta must have been departing prior to 22:00 Jakarta time.

The next day it appears you arrived after 13:35 in Jakatra, then waited 11 hours there and flew out, presumable sometime after 00:35 in the early morning of 9 march.

I hope you were successful in making a claim for travel disruption on your insurance policy as I imagine some costs arose from the extra night and the rescheduling of the connecting flights, your delay times also appear to exceed the normal minimum thresholds for travel disruption claims.

I assume the flight you eventually departed on was not available to you the day before, otherwise it would appear you had plenty of time to meet a 00:35 departure by using the later JT 659 to Jakarta, departing Lombok at 17:55, and on your original planned day of departure.

At least they put you on an aircraft, after reading of my Garuda experience you may understand the behaviour can be even worse than you experienced, at least they did not take your tickets and sell them to someone else then laugh at you.

8. Re: Lion air

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 20:41