We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Watersports in lombok

Singapore
Level Contributor
466 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Watersports in lombok

Hi, I'm staying at Puri Mas for 5D4N, would like to do some watersports - jetski, parasail.

Which beach/area should I head to? And how far is it away from the hotel?

How much does it cost to do watersports, plus the taxi there?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Lombok
Level Contributor
2,797 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Watersports in lombok

Lombok does not have a lot of watersports.

I haven't seen parasail operating in Lombok for some years, but JHerc might know if someone has started up recently. It is some months since I've been in Lombok, and these things can come and go.

There also used to be a jetski for hire at Batu Bolong, not sure if that is also still operating. It was operating from a beach restaurant located next door to the Beach Club - can't remember the name, sorry.

I'd also suggest you contact Puri Mas and ask them as they might know of some options for you.

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Watersports in lombok

I cannot add much to the comments by Sudiah above.

I also have not seen the parasailing for a long time and the jetskis still seem to be at Batu Bolong, I am also not certain if they are operating as I have not actually seen one in the water myself for a while, that does not mean they are not operating, only that I have not seen them.

I would just head there (next to Albertos at the bottom of the hill at the northern end of the beach).

Also consider contacting John's Adventures of Senaru.

It is 'off-season' for Rinjani Treks and as far as I know he is trying to set up 'off-season' activities... http://www.lombok-rinjanitrek.com/

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Lombok
Level Contributor
2,797 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Watersports in lombok

I'm not surprised if the jetski is not out often last time I enquired it was 1.2 million for an hour (usd 145)

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Watersports in lombok

That's a bit steep.

There is one sitting on the side of the road in Batu Bolong at the moment, looks sick.

Singapore
Level Contributor
466 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Watersports in lombok

USD145 is too steep!

I'll just stick to snorkelling, I'm just going to do snorkelling for a day with Eko, just wondering if a day is enough, how many days do people snorkel for?

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Watersports in lombok

Some people do it for years:)

I am glad to hear you dropped the jetski idea, there are much nicer things to do in Lombok.

I just left you a post at the other thread...

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g664666-i12936-k51…

7. Re: Watersports in lombok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2013, 04:54