We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Female travelling alone

sydney
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Female travelling alone

My daughter in her late twenties will be joining me in Lombok to celebrate my 60th birthday but has a few nights by herself. Could anyone recommend a safe and friendly place to stay (low to mid budget ). I thought she might like Kuta as she loves the beach and surfs a little and it looks like there are lots of good restaurants to go to.

She would be happy to rent a scooter to get around.

She will be there mid June.

Mentioned in this post
Lombok
Lombok
West Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
4 replies to this topic
Buderim, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Female travelling alone

Kuta is very busy and the roads are crazy there unless she is very confident on a scooter I would avoid it. Legian is only 5 mins away and on the beach also still busy but a bit safer . The jayakarta is on the beach and a good price close to everything

Mentioned in this post
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
26 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Female travelling alone

Kits in Lombok or Kuta in Bali? The roads are crazy busy at Kuta In Lombok?

Mentioned in this post
Lombok
Lombok
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3,415 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Female travelling alone

The roads are not crazy busy in Kuta Lombok. I think Kylie M is thinking of Bali, and not Lombok. Kuta Lombok would be a great place to stay. Plenty of low to mid budget accommodation choices from bunk style backpackers to budget rooms. Depends on what you mean by "budget" and what facilities you expect in order to make any recommendations. What I usually do is use something like booking dot com or Agoda to research places to stay in my budget, then Trip Advisor reviews to gauge whether the property is what I'm after.

Mentioned in this post
Kuta
Kuta
Lombok, Indonesia
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Lombok
Lombok
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
26 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Female travelling alone

I was going to say Kuta Lombok is the perfect place to ride a scooter but in Bali it’s dangerous unless you’re very experienced and even then people especially tourists get injured all the time

Mentioned in this post
Kuta
Kuta
Lombok, Indonesia
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Reply to: Female travelling alone
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted