We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Padang city - Bukittinggi - Padang City (Bus Schedule)

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
30 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Padang city - Bukittinggi - Padang City (Bus Schedule)

Hey People,

I'm traveling to Indonesia for Java Jazz, so thought I'll spend a few more days. Plan to spend 3 days in Padang and 3-4 days in Bukittinggi and back to Padang to catch the flight to Jakarta.

There is enough information on Padang airport to Bukittinggi by taxi or bus, but I can't seem to find any sort of information on bus schedule from Padang city to Bukittinggi and back. Need the exact info as I know it takes about 3-4 hrs by bus so I need to have enough time to catch my flight back while coming back to Padang.

Also, if you can suggest me names of areas to book hotels in Padang and Bukittinggi as I mostly stay close to city centre or market areas with local food and cafes, when I'm on a short trip.

Your help is much appreciated. Thanks very much!

1 reply
Bandung, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,502 posts
538 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Padang city - Bukittinggi - Padang City (Bus Schedule)

Good idea to attend Javs Jazz and visit West Sumatra.

Usually we rent a car with driver when we go to Padang and Bukittinggi. We book it online. I've never taken the bus. If you use a car and driver you can stop at lots of really interesting places along the way and probably you will need a car while you are there. I think we paid around Rp350k per day.

Many of the hotels were destroyed in the earthquake, and I haven't been there for a while but last time in Padang I stayed at the Pangeran Beach Hotel, a large hotel although a bit dated. There must be newer hotels than that.

In Bukittinggi I prefer to stay at the Novotel. It's big, grand, great views and located in the centre of town near the clock tower, markets, Japanese caves etc.

Reply to: Padang city - Bukittinggi - Padang City (Bus Schedule)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted