We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Medan airport to Parapat - what's the latest?

Gifu, Japan
Level Contributor
9 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Getting from Medan airport to Parapat - what's the latest?

My wife and I are planning to travel from Medan International Airport to Parapat and would be very grateful if someone could give us some up-to-date advice on the travel options. I have read that there are shared taxis, but they may be difficult to find and/or don't run regularly. Would it be better to take the bus from the airport into Medan city and then transfer to a regular bus? Any advice/info about prices would also be very much appreciated. Thanks

16 replies to this topic
athome
Level Contributor
322 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Medan airport to Parapat - what's the latest?

If the Nice-Trans share taxi (to Parapet) looks ready to depart take that .. otherwise Paradep have frequent cars and comfortable buses going to Siantar…... then transfer .. share cars for Parapet.

Gifu, Japan
Level Contributor
9 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Medan airport to Parapat - what's the latest?

Thank you, RR R

Samosir
Level Contributor
447 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from Medan airport to Parapat - what's the latest?

Dear Wilberforce,

For shared taxi service from the airport to Parapat you have Nice Trans and Paradep. You find them outside the airport, just walk to the big road and turn left. Nice Trans would be your best choice as they bring you straight to Parapat. Paradep will have a stop in Siantar and you may have to move to another car and have a bit of waiting time before they carry on to Parapat.

Nice Trans has shared taxi service with a small and a regular bigger car. The small car seats 4 guests apart from the driver. The regular bigger car seats 7 guests apart from the driver. They will try to wait till the car is full. The cost of a seat in the small car is Rp 100.000,-- and in the bigger car Rp 85.000,--

HORAS !!!

Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
75 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from Medan airport to Parapat - what's the latest?

Hello Horas.

After reaching Parapat town using Nice Trans, how to get to our hotel? Any bluebird taxi waiting? Thanks a bunch!

athome
Level Contributor
322 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting from Medan airport to Parapat - what's the latest?

Nice car will drop at hotel within Parapat town.

6. Re: Getting from Medan airport to Parapat - what's the latest?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 November 2017, 03:21

Pematangsiantar...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting from Medan airport to Parapat - what's the latest?

There are many reputable Taxi drivers will take you to Prapat from KNU , You just need to know the numbers.

Several of the best that i know of are located in PematangSiantar. and are cheaper and safer in my experience that the ones from Medan.

Gifu, Japan
Level Contributor
9 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting from Medan airport to Parapat - what's the latest?

Thank you, Horas --- and apologies for late reply.

Gifu, Japan
Level Contributor
9 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting from Medan airport to Parapat - what's the latest?

For the benefit of anyone considering taking the same journey as we did, I am now able to answer my own question from personal experience. We took a shared taxi operated by Nice Trans and it was a simple process. We emerged from Medan airport and turned to the right, towards the bus/taxi area. Immediately, we were approached by a man in a white coat with the Nice Trans logo. We told him we wanted to go to Parapet, and he told us to sit down and wait until the requisite number of passengers had gathered. We waited only about 10 minutes before we were called. There were six passengers in our taxi - one at the front, beside the driver; three across the middle; and two in the back (i.e. my wife and I). Aside from us, all of the passengers alighted in Siantar. The driver asked us if we wouldn't mind having lunch in Siantar before continuing on to Parapet, and we agreed. After lunch, we were driven right to the port in Parapet, from which we were able to take a ferry direct to Tuktuk. All in all, it was a smooth, stress-free journey.

Nonthaburi, Thailand
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Getting from Medan airport to Parapat - what's the latest?

Hi Wilberforce59, how long is it on taxi ? And how much is it ?

Reply to: Getting from Medan airport to Parapat - what's the latest?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted