We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Milky Way timing at mt bromo

2 posts
Milky Way timing at mt bromo

Hi,

Anyone who have seen Milky Way in Bromo? Any recommendation from what time onwards it will appear? And also What’s the temperature like at Mt Bromo?

Thank you!

5 replies to this topic
East Java, Indonesia
Level Contributor
37 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: Milky Way timing at mt bromo

It will appear from 8 - 9 pm. But it depends on the weather. Temperature between 5 - 10 degrees.

You can try in Mentigen by foot. ( Cemoro lawang village )

2 posts
2. Re: Milky Way timing at mt bromo

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. If the weather is good around 6-7pm can still see Milky Way?

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
51 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: Milky Way timing at mt bromo

I was wearing T-Shirt and raincoat over it, I tought it would be enought but I was really cold cause we had to wait there for a long time.

Also, some locals will offer you show where the best spot is, don't fall for that, it is an amazing wiew almost every spot. Also some will offer you a hot coffee, around 2-3 USD, make countr offer like 1/3 of the amount and they likely will accept. And They will try to sell you a rugs, I bought it, but it was useless, you can sit on a grass or something already you've got.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
205 posts
32 reviews
4. Re: Milky Way timing at mt bromo

saw the milky way at about 3am at bromo. and 1am near ijen.

it's around 5 deg cel at bromo when i was there, so..keep warm!

Bromo Tengger...
Level Contributor
19 posts
5. Re: Milky Way timing at mt bromo

It is better to start from 8pm until the sun rises. The Milky Way can be seen clearly from the dark point of SERUNI rather than from METIGEN or MT PANANJAKAN which has light interference from the cellular tower

@B3Adventure

BROMO INDONESIA

Reply to: Milky Way timing at mt bromo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted