We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2-Day trip to Bandung Itinerary

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
2-Day trip to Bandung Itinerary

Hi!

We are travelling to Bandung on the 14th of June, (train leaves at 10:40 and arrive in Bandung at around 3PM. We will travel back to Jakarta on the 16th 4pm. So we only have 2 nights and late afternoon of Friday, whole day Saturday and morning of Sunday.

I would like to ask for help to arrange our itinerary.

We are staying at the Yajakarta Hotel, Bandung.

These are the places we would like to visit: Saung Angklung Udju ( Sat. 3PM)

Kawah Putih, NuArt Sculpture Park and the Geology Museum.

Will probably rent a car on Saturday and take short taxi trips on Friday pm to dinner and some shopping for souvenirs.

Thanks and hoping for your advice soonest.

Rose

St. Gallen...
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,891 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2-Day trip to Bandung Itinerary

For the second day, you can go to Kawah Putih but you might have to go very early.. Let's say 7.30AM or the traffic jam will build up later.. I am afraid that it is almost impossible to go to Saung angklung adjo if you come to Kawah Putih..

The rest of the days are fine.. Just be aware of the limited opening hours of the goelogu museum..

www.wisatamuseum.com/id/geologi-hours.php

Cheers

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
53,307 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2-Day trip to Bandung Itinerary

Rosemarie Y, hello and welcome to TA,

1/ <<I would like to ask for help to arrange our itinerary. >.

Sorry, dear Rosemarie Y, you itinerary is YOUR homework, we are not travel agents who may do all the work for you. You have to read, learn and base your travel education on the experience of previous travelers who were kind enough to share those on the forum. We answer questions and do directions. We do not compose anything for anyone.

2/ <<We are staying at the Yajakarta Hotel, Bandung.>>

Poor choice. The hotel is dated ad poorly run.

3/ <<Will probably rent a car on Saturday>>

A piece of good advice : Due to lots of scam in BDG forum originated from PM we start a close monitoring of such activity and ask members who were approached by illegal service providers ( car rental, guide, tours). This illegal practice will endanger your health, life, well being etc - AVOID at all costs. PLEASE to report to DEs - me or Stefzzz. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2-Day trip to Bandung Itinerary

Thank you for the advice, Stefzz. I think we might have to go to Kawah putih on Sunday morning. Will just visit The Tangkuban Perahu on Saturday then Saung Unklung in the afternoon. I just hope the places of my choice are really close to each other as the map shows.

Thanks again, best regards.

Rose

St. Gallen...
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,891 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2-Day trip to Bandung Itinerary

I dont think you can go to Kawah Putih on sunday.. high chance of missing the train.. unless you have a back up plan, its not advisable..

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2-Day trip to Bandung Itinerary

Hello again, Stefzzz!

Thanks for pointing that out... that's actually what I'm afraid of... missing the train.... so how long is the travel time to and from kawah putih? If we go there on Saturday morning, we'll most likely miss the 3 PM show at Saung Angklung Udjo.... We'll probably drop Kawah Putih and settle for Tangkuban Parahu... What you think? :-)

St. Gallen...
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,891 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2-Day trip to Bandung Itinerary

Hello, It takes 2 1/2 hours when there are no traffic from Bandung to Kawah Putih.. So it might be longer if the traffic jam is horible..

If you go to Tangkuban Perahu will be a better choice if you go early.. But I can't guarantee about reaching there on time.. But at least is a much safer option..

Cheers

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2-Day trip to Bandung Itinerary

Thank you very much!!! your inputs would be a great help. God bless.

Jakarta, Indonesia
8 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 2-Day trip to Bandung Itinerary

hii rosemary,

if this is your first time visit to Bandung ?

u will arrived in bandung at 3 pm so u cek in jayakarta hotel at 5 pm.

i suggest u take a dinner in " dago atas " area, not too far from your hotel it's about 20 minutes.

there is so many cafe in "dago atas", u can find SIERRA CAFE, CONGO CAFE, VALLEY. All the cafe has a goos view and food, u will get a nice scenery from this cafe.

and don't to late go back to hotel, coz u have get up early in the mornig.

for day 2, u want to visit "kawah putih in south bandung", i think it's better for u to spend your whole day in south bandung.

after u visit kawah putih, u can go to "lake situpatengan" and strawberry farm in ciwidey. estime time for this trip if about 12 hours include. so if leave from hotel 6am then u will back at 6pm.

after take a rest for a while, u still explore dago street for looking for food or factory outlet.

for day 3, u will back to jakarta at 4pm so u still have much time to go to tangkuban perahu.

u have to cek out from jayakarta hotel no later than 7am. i will give u the shortest direction from your hotel to tangkuban perahu, just ask to your driver to pass "dago bengkok street" it's only take 40 minute to reach tangkuban perahu. so at 8am u are already reach tangkuban perahu and u can spend about 1,5 hour in tangkuban perahu before u go to railway station.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2-Day trip to Bandung Itinerary

Hi Tom,

Yes, this is my first time to visit Bandung. So I really appreciate getting pointers from you so there would be not much time wasted. My itinerary is actually getting into "shape"... thanks to you guys... :-)

Jakarta, Indonesia
8 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: 2-Day trip to Bandung Itinerary

see u there rosemarie, i will going to bandung on the 15th of june.

i stay at sariater hotel & resort in lembang area near by tangkuban perahu, back to jakarta again on 16th of june.