We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My Bandung Itinerary

Which Bandung hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
117 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
My Bandung Itinerary

Hello all,

My family and I will be visiting Bandung this coming December and yes we are excited!! We are 2 adults and 3 kids – girls age 16, 12 and boy 8. I have read many blogs, forums and reviews and hope my itinerary is workable.

Following is my itinerary :

13 December 2011 (Tuesday) – Day 1

# We will be arriving Jakarta airport at 11am.

# Hire a transport straight to Bandung. Check-in at Grand Serela.

# Shopping at various Factory Outlets - still by hired transport.

Main items we will be looking for are jeans, t-shirts and blouse.

Hope to get Mango, Zara, Abercrombie, DKNY, Levi’s, etc. Not looking for the top labels.

(Still pondering and searching on which FOs would be worth visiting)

14 December 2011 (Wednesday) – Day 2

# Will start the day early around 8.30am and head to Kawah Putih by hired transport.

# Followed by visiting the strawberry farm and tea plantation.

# More shopping at Jalana Riau near to the hotel.

15 December 2011 (Thursday) – Day 3

# Another early start at 8.30am to Tankuban Perahu by hired transport.

# A visit to Kampung Gajah for the kids.

# More shopping, R&R (if time permits).

# Spa and massage.

16 December 2011

# 9am head to Pasar Baru.

# Plan to visit Ciater Hot Spring (still not sure if it’s worth the visit).

# Saung Angklung Udjo.

17 December 2011

# Head to Jakarta.

Have I missed out any recommended places? Is the plan too rushing and packed?

I would appreciate any kind of recommendations and suggestions.

Thanks!!

Bandung, Indonesia
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My Bandung Itinerary

<<Hope to get Mango, Zara, Abercrombie, DKNY, Levi’s, etc. Not looking for the top labels.>>

All the branded in FOs is fake. but the quality is good so still worth to wear. if you want find original jeans you can go to toko tiga in jalan ahmad yani.

The favorite FOs is Rumah mode in jalan setiabudi.

<<14 December 2011 (Wednesday) – Day 2>>

After kawah putih you can try to visit Taman air, the place has flower park, water fall and small lake, and you also can walking in tea plantation

<<16 December 2011 Plan to visit Ciater Hot Spring>>

ciater is near tangkuban perahu, so you should go after tangkuban, but i think the place is not worth to visit, if you want dip in hot spring you better go to Gracia, the place is after tangkuban perahu and before sari ater

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
49,483 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My Bandung Itinerary

Well done, babyvi28, actually VERY well done. Your plav reflected the fact that you paid attention to all the info on the forum and read from verious sources as well.

Applause............

The only this i`d like to correct:

<<DAY3 # Plan to visit Ciater Hot Spring (still not sure if it’s worth the visit).>>

Ciater Resort is better combined with the visit toT . Perahu as the resort is just 5-10 min drive form the national park. YET in general i would do it a miss as the place is run down and in desperate need of demolition ( renovation will not save it). The place i recommend is

http://graciaspa.com/pages/home.php

It is even closer to T. Perahu exit/ entrance and gives to the visitors the best experience with hot springs in the area.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
117 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My Bandung Itinerary

Hi lovebandung & Schonefeld,

Thanks for your comments and suggestions. Appreciate it. Will include Taman Air in my day 2 visits.

Do you think I can squeeze the following visits in day 3? Would it be too much or still possible?

# Gracia Spa

# Kampung Gajah for the kids

# Spa and massage (if time permits)

Can I just take a cab on day 4 instead of hiring the transportion service? (From my previous queries, I believe the cab can accomodate all 5 of us) Wondering if the rate is expensive? Or its just worth getting the tranportation service and drop the cab idea?

16 December 2011 (Friday) - Day 4

# 9am head to Pasar Baru

# Saung Angklung Udjo

# FOs shopping, R&R

Thank you!!

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
49,483 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My Bandung Itinerary

1/ YES, DAY 3 now looks better.

2/ YES, no need at all to hire a car for travel within city limits, more than than i`d say it is a huge money savings if you just hail a cab when you need it.

No worry, taxi in Indonesia are all metered and drivers behave much nices than those in KL, expect no bargaining etc. Just say where you need to go - that`s all.

3/ DAY 4 - honestly i would drop Pasar baru entirely unless you are in desperate need of muslim wear/ curtains/ lace/ fabric in bulk.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
117 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My Bandung Itinerary

Hi Schonefeld,

Yeah, I guess I will eliminate transport service on day 4.

Thanks Schonefeld! :)

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
49,483 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My Bandung Itinerary

you`re welcome.

Any time............

bandung
Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: My Bandung Itinerary

<<Can I just take a cab on day 4 instead of hiring the transportion service? (From my previous queries, I believe the cab can accomodate all 5 of us) Wondering if the rate is expensive? Or its just worth getting the tranportation service and drop the cab idea?

16 December 2011 (Friday) - Day 4

# 9am head to Pasar Baru

# Saung Angklung Udjo

# FOs shopping, R&R>>

<<No worry, taxi in Indonesia are all metered and drivers behave much nices than those in KL, expect no bargaining etc. Just say where you need to go - that`s all.>>

Just want to share an experience of one of my friend from singapore who just visit bandung last month.

It is true that taxi in Bandung are all metered, but some of "naughty taxi drivers" will take you "putar-putar".

That time my friend was planning to visit Trans Studio from Harris Hotel. Instead of driving through the "normal" road, the taxi drivers drive through the toll way. If using the normal road, we only have to pay about 20.000-30.000 rupiah. But because they go through the toll way, my friend has to pay 200.000 rupiah..

By seeing your itinerary, day 4 of your trip is on Friday. Usually Friday the traffic in Bandung is quite packed. Jam everywhere.

You plan to go to pasar baru by 9 am. The angklung performance at Saung angklung Udjo is by 3.30 pm. DO you really like shopping..? Because that mean you will spend more than 4 hours in pasar baru. And get a "good" taxi from pasar baru is not that easy. Even we the local people here find its quite difficult to get a good taxi around this area.

The show at Saung Angklung Udjo is finish by 5.30 pm. Usually on Friday afternoon, this area never absence from heavy traffic jam. Again, it might quite difficult to get a taxi.

For these past few months, few of my friends from abroad visit Bandung. Most of them find that it easier and more comfortable to go around with hired transportation. With some of bad experience with taxi, they prefer hired transportation.

Eventhough hired transportation looks more expensive, but not that much. Maybe just 40.000-50.000 rupiah different. But they found it more comfortable and safe by using hired transportation. And some more if do lots of shopping, you don't have to take all your shopping bags "in and out" from taxi. Just put everything in your hired car.

Holiday means that we want to have a relax trip to a great places, using a comfortable transportation, stay at a nice accommodation, and of course to feel safe during the trip.

Have an amazing holiday in Bandung..

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
49,483 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: My Bandung Itinerary

amazingbandung,

THANK YOU FOR NOT

advertising THE particular thread in every topic of this forum.....LOL

Edited: 05 November 2011, 01:24
bandung
Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: My Bandung Itinerary

Your very welcome Schonefeld..

Bandung, Indonesia
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: My Bandung Itinerary

yes, that's true. not easy to get a taxi with a meter in Pasar baru. In angklung Ujo will be more difficult, because the angklung Ujo not located on a main road so you have to call to get a taxi , or your taxi have to wait until the angklung performances finish. or you change your itinerary

13 December 2011 (Tuesday) – Day 1

# We will be arriving Jakarta airport at 11am.

# Hire a transport straight to Bandung. Check-in at Grand Serela.

# Shopping at RUMAH MODE

14 December 2011 (Wednesday) – Day 2

8.00am and head to Kawah Putih by hired transport.

# Followed by visiting the strawberry farm and tea plantation.

# Shopping in pasar baru

# A visit to Kampung Gajah for the kids.

#Visiting Saung angklung Ujo

# Spa and massage.

16 December 2011

Full day shopping in Riau, turnojoyo and dago street without hired transport.

17 December 2011

# Head to Jakarta.