We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jakarta - Bandung - Jakarta trip

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Jakarta - Bandung - Jakarta trip

Hello there

Our family of 6 (2 adults + 4 teens) will be travelling early June. We will be visiting friends in Jakarta before heading to Bandung, and then flying off from Jakarta.

Our proposed itinerary is as follows:

Monday: Day Jkt - Puncak (Taman Safari)- Bandung

Evening / night : shopping

Tues - Day trip from Bandung.

either a) Tangkupan Perahu, floating market , Dusun Bambu, tea plantation

or b) Kawah Putih, Situ Patenggang, strawberry farms.

night : shopping

Wed - Shopping in the morning. After lunch drive back to CGK. Our flight is around 6pm

Questions:

1. Is Batu Kawah or Tangkuban Perahu a better day trip? considering the other side attractions in their vicinity?

2. Or should we skip Puncak entirely and go Jakarta - Tangkuban Perahu - Bandung on Day 1?

3. What is the traffic situation like in Bandung during the Ramadahan month?

4. Is it realistic to be able to shop at the end of Day 1 and 2?

Thank you in advance.

9 replies to this topic
Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
53,886 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jakarta - Bandung - Jakarta trip

mum4kids, hi

1/ After yesterday's two suicide bombers attacks in Kampung melayu, Jakarta, I suggest to cancel all leisure trips to Jakarta in the nearest future, especially during Ramadan and Eid festivities. But it seems you plan to stay the major time of your trip in BDG....But PLEASE be extremely- extremely careful. And stay safe.

2/ On Tuesday i an do either volcano site and it will be fine. Probaly i would poick Mt. Patuha as the scenery is so much nicer and along the way to the park you`ll ses plenty of strawberry plantations that you children ( no doubt) will enjoy.

3/ <<Or should we skip Puncak entirely and go Jakarta>>

Taman safari on Monday is totally fine to plan.

4/ <<What is the traffic situation like in Bandung during the Ramadahan month?>>

A bit slower than usual, but you travel in the beginning of Ramadan and on weekdays - it will be totally ok.

5/ <<Is it realistic to be able to shop at the end of Day 1 and 2?>>

No, absolutely not. LOL.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
3,643 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jakarta - Bandung - Jakarta trip

Is it possible to switch it to fly in from jakarta and out from bandung?

This will save you lots of time

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Jakarta - Bandung - Jakarta trip

Schonefeld, thanks for your prompt reply.

1. We are so sad to hear about the bombings too. To all living in Jakarta, take care too.

2. Re the shopping at the end of day 1 and 2, is that because the trips will end too late? I have 2 teenage girls with me, and I don't think Wed morning is enough time for shopping. So I should aim to be in the hotel by 3pm, for some rest and then shopping & dinner? We will be staying at the Holiday Inn, I heard there are FO around that area.

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Jakarta - Bandung - Jakarta trip

ekoputranto, we did consider flying out of Bandung, but it was a lot more costly. And one person in our group needs to get back to Jakarta.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,886 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jakarta - Bandung - Jakarta trip

<<Re the shopping at the end of day 1 and 2>>

Those will be TOO tedious days, full of excitement, adventure and new experiences - any shopping afterwards is just TOO MUCH - i guarantee you`ll be tired as hell.. ...LOL

and thank you for the good wishes toward us in JKt and your kind words....

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,886 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jakarta - Bandung - Jakarta trip

<<We will be staying at the Holiday Inn, I heard there are FO around that area.>>

Is is cancellable? The hotel is old, dated and i would not recommend it. Please have a look at my review:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-…

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
341 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jakarta - Bandung - Jakarta trip

Hi Schonefeld and ekoputranto. Not the right place for this comment i know , but have just returned from 2 weeks in cgk and dps. Sincerely hope all is well with the lovely people in Indonesia...stay safe always.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
3,643 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jakarta - Bandung - Jakarta trip

Thank you all for your kind wishes.

@mum4kids the traffic from bandung to jakarta is so terrible that if i were in your shoes i will fork out the differences to save my precious 7-8 hours from being wasted on the road.

The 1 that needs to go to Jakarta should do it by himself on a train.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,886 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jakarta - Bandung - Jakarta trip

@ Brendan248, thank you for your kind words and wishes to all of us, who live in JKT..

best regards to your and your family

S

Reply to: Jakarta - Bandung - Jakarta trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted