Dear Bandung experts,
FIRST I would like to visit Tanjung Layar Beach, which I am aware is not in Bandung but I guess Bandung's the nearest departure point for the place. I have a few questions as follows:
1. Is it possible to go and come back to Bandung the same day (aka a day trip)? Any advice on road conditions?
2. Which is the most ideal way to get there? I'm inclined to have a driver and a car. Please update on the most current rates if you know. I can't recall the rate I got in Flores. In Bali in late 2013, it was 750k IDR/day (10hrs max). If I stay overnight, the driver has to stay overnight too, so I assume I have to pay for his stay too.
Other than sharing the current rate, could you also recommend a driver who could speak basic English? My friend told me about Mulia car rental service years ago when I searched Bandung. Are they still reliable? Please feel free to recommend any freelance reliable drivers you've had great experiences with.
3. In August, which is the time of the intended visit, is there any info regarding the tide patterns (so I can narrow down the time the tide comes and the "waterfall" appears)?
SECOND I need to be in Jogja later (second leg of the trip). So I am trying to figure out after Tanjung Layar Beach, how should I get to Jogja. I have always wanted to see Kampung Naga (Garut), Kawah Putih is on the way there so going to Kampung naga is actually a good idea. Continuing on that direction, I can visit Green canyon and Pangandaran. But then it would be a huge waste of time if I drive back to Bandung and then either take train or flight to Jogja. So,
4. Is it a good idea to continue driving to Jogja from Pangandaran? The road conditions beyond Pangandaran?
5. I'm not too keen on Green Canyona and Pangandaran though, so what would you think about making a day trip to Kawah Putih and Kampung Naga and back to Bandung, take the train/flight to Jogja?
My sincerest thanks for all the inputs!