We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to bandung on 10/05/17 - 14/05/17

4 posts
Trip to bandung on 10/05/17 - 14/05/17

Hai Me and my friends going to jakarta on 10/05/17 and my questions is :-

1. Which area should we stay either jalan riau, jln braga or chimpelas (our tour guide suggest stay at jln riau)

2. And any suggestion which hotel should we stay (preffer can walk in and easy to get foods and shopping)

3. Entrance fee tangkuban perahu and kawh putih on weekdays?

4. Buy train ticket from jkt-bdg by online or by walk in?

5. Which place should we go for shopping? (Preferably can get a cheapest price)

Sorry for too many questions and thanks in advance for the reply and kindness

Mars
Level Contributor
53 posts
26 reviews
1. Re: Trip to bandung on 10/05/17 - 14/05/17

I will be traveling to Bandung a day before your arrival in Jakarta. I had been to Bandung last year. So, this is my second trip. I will try to answer your questions.

1. I don't know your budget for hotel but as a low budget traveler and I am not fussy about accommodation as long as it's safe, I prefer Pulas Inn which is at Cipaganti (you can find it via Agoda website). If you can walk, it is not too far from Rumah Mode. If you can walk for 30 minutes, you can reach Cihampelas Walk by foot too. It is just a simple friendly place to stay. Nothing fancy. I like their breakfast. Suits backpackers.

2. From Pulas Inn, you can walk to Rumah Mode area for food. The food in Rumah Mode may be more expensive but I find it pretty good. Otherwise, you can go to opposite of Rumah Mode at The Kiosk for cheaper food. I actually walked further down from Rumah Mode towards Cihampelas for cheap roadside food without having stomach upset (I do not dare to recommend it to Europeans/Americans who may have more sensitive stomach).

3. Sorry, I have no experience with this as I travel there for business.

4. You could by train tickets but use the machine instead. Otherwise, the queue is very long. To use the machine, you need the exact change though. So prepare sufficient small change. You can also buy from those grocery outlets similar to 7-Eleven but they're not 7-Eleven. They could be Indomaret, Alfamart, etc. The challenge is language. Avoid going to Bandung during weekend because a lot of people from Jakarta will travel there causing massive traffic jam.

5. I am not a shopper but I think Rumah Mode is not bad. Ciwalk did not impress me but you can still visit it and all the surrounding shops selling counterfeit jeans. I am a bad shopper though.

You may read an article I have written about my good/bad experience last year. There are things you may want to be a bit careful especially when taking the train or taking public transport in Jakarta. You can refer to my blog at:

http://umbrellarec.blogspot.my/

Edited: 14 April 2017, 12:14
SG
Level Contributor
195 posts
12 reviews
2. Re: Trip to bandung on 10/05/17 - 14/05/17

hi...

1. riau

2. hay hotel (new, hopefully still have special opening price; 1km from riau, but lot of resto nearby) or ivory hotel (closer to riau)

3. -

4. buy online. may 11 is holiday. there will be more train passengers than usual, although not that much.

5. -

Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
117 reviews
3. Re: Trip to bandung on 10/05/17 - 14/05/17

Hi Bella, welcome to TA forums!

I'll answer your questions a little bit later, ok?

posting now from cellphone.

Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
117 reviews
4. Re: Trip to bandung on 10/05/17 - 14/05/17

My dear friend from Mars!

I see you are heading into our shallow waters again....

4 posts
5. Re: Trip to bandung on 10/05/17 - 14/05/17

Thank you so much for your feedback.. i hope you enjoy ur 2nd trip in bandung soon..

4 posts
6. Re: Trip to bandung on 10/05/17 - 14/05/17

Thank you for ur advise.. btw 11th is PH in indonesia?

4 posts
7. Re: Trip to bandung on 10/05/17 - 14/05/17

Thank you and don't forget to reply me as i need advise before i decide which area will i stay an so on.. 😀

Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
117 reviews
8. Re: Trip to bandung on 10/05/17 - 14/05/17

As promised:

1/ Jl. Riau

2/ Angrekk shopping hotel, Hotel De Paviljoen, Tebu Hotel Bandung by Willson, Serela Riau, Noor

3/ 150-200k IDR for foreigners

4/ If you travel on regular day and its not Ramadan, you can buy on the day of travel from the train station ticket office. Or in any alfamart/ indomart. Also online

5/ what kind of shopping? If you need fabric, lace, curtains - go to Basar Baru, if apparel, T-shirts, official attire - FOs, especially if you stay on Riau, lots of best FOs are in walkable distance from the hotels i mentioned.

9. Re: Trip to bandung on 10/05/17 - 14/05/17

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2018, 15:17