We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seeking feedback on @driverBDG

3 posts
Save Topic
Seeking feedback on @driverBDG

Hi all,

This is my first time posting here. Thank you for all your hard work managing the forums so far. I have learnt so much and followed advice to ask the hotel to arrange the driver for me, but they are clueless and unable to do so. I went with option 2 and googled options. One was obviously out of question bc they wanted to charge me 900k IDR per day. I settled on driverBDG. Could anyone please tell me if they are reliable? I've only found their twitter and IG, and one favourable review in a Jakarta news site. Communication so far has been good and they quoted 450k IDR for 12h. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you.

5 replies to this topic
Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java, Singapore
Level Contributor
55,819 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seeking feedback on @driverBDG

TzeQing Y, hi

What`s the name of the service, please?

3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Seeking feedback on @driverBDG

DriverBDG. Thank you.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
55,819 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seeking feedback on @driverBDG

Oh, that!...

After I posted I Actually realized that it might be in the OP tytle, but was not 100% sure. About this business:

## they are not an official company, and they are not licenced by the ministry of tourism to work in tourism sector and approach foreign visitors

## they do not have official site but operate through Instagram and FB.

## question: do they ask for money upfront? Prepayment?

## question: what is included in the quoted 450k price?

3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Seeking feedback on @driverBDG

Hi Schonefield,

Thank you for your reply.

## they are not an official company, and they are not licenced by the ministry of tourism to work in tourism sector and approach foreign visitors

Does this mean I should not have accepted their services? Because I did not know who else to go with and their price was reasonable. According to a news site, they are run by a college student and aspiring entrepreneur.

## question: do they ask for money upfront? Prepayment?

None at all. Payment only when the day's trip is complete.

## question: what is included in the quoted 450k price?

This is what they Whatsapped me:

1. Car+Indonesian driver 400/12 Hours or 500/Day

2. Car+English Driver 450/12 Hours or 550/Day (exclude Gasoline+parking+entry fee+meals for driver)

3. Car+indonesian driver 700/12 Hours ALL IN

4. Car+english driver 750/12 Hours ALL IN

(Include gasoline+parking+meals for driver)

I chose option 2 in the end: Car+English Driver 450/12 Hours

Additional fees I paid:

- Entry to Situ Pateggang, Kawah Putih, Ranca Upas and strawberry farm (to the local staff, not the driver)

- Parking at strawberry farm: 2000 IDR

- Fuel at the beginning: 180.000 IDR

- Lunch money: 20.000 IDR

For everything besides parking and lunch money, I asked for a receipt so I could confirm what I was paying and the driver happily complied.

Service has been good so far. Covered everything in my itinerary, now just stuck in usual traffic on my way back to the city. The only downside so far is that the car's seat belts were broken and he didn't check and change the car beforehand.

Sorry I was unable to reply previously, was asleep getting ready for an early day to beat morning traffic.

Would love to hear your thoughts now that my trip is almost over. I understand not everyone will have a positive experience like me.

Thank you.

Edited: 14 April 2017, 20:26
Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
55,819 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seeking feedback on @driverBDG

@Lisbonlights,

If you are already in BDG AND using this service what shall I add?

Reply to: Seeking feedback on @driverBDG
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bandung