We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which would you choose - Takuban Perahu or the White Crater?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
6 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Which would you choose - Takuban Perahu or the White Crater?

Hi forummers,

Would like to pick your brains .....

Travelling with 3 adults and 2 children *aged 10 and 7 at the end of May 2017. Am interested to visit a volcano....which would you pick and why? We will have a private transport/driver/guide.

If it helps - I would be interested to pop by a strawberry farm for some strawberry picking whilst on this day trip out as well.

A nice local/recommended lunch stop would be a great factor to consider as well.

Thanks in advance!

11 replies to this topic
Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
25 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Which would you choose - Takuban Perahu or the White Crater?

I was in Bandung as recently as April 26th to April 30. I too was in two minds to visit both Tanguban Perahu and Kwah Putih or to skip one of them..Finally I did visit both on two days as I got a rent car as cheap as 500000 IDR and ofcourse I filled petrol for 150000. I drove myself and visited Tanguban Perahur on the first day. The entrance ticket for the foreigner was exorbitantly high and finally I did not find worth the high entrance fee. I think I would not have spent not more than 1 hour total there...One the way back I visited one of the hot springs and it was worth as I spent the whole afternoon in the hot springs pool on rainy day. My entry to city back was around 5 pm and it was really a horrible experience since the last few kilometers to my hotel took me almost 2 hours.

The next day I started early to Kwah Putih and felt I drove longer but the view was more scenic and drive was a pleasure. Kawah putih entrance was much less and very reasonable and the shuttle buses took us very close to the crater. The crater was really beautiful and if I have to chose one between the two, I would definitely chose only Kwah Putih. I spent more than two hours there on the way back visited few scenic places including a lake which as a person coming from Kerala state in India was not very impressive. How ever I enjoyed the whole trip and because of my previous day's experience started my return trip early to reach hotel by 5 and still my last couple of kilometers took me one hour!

Reply to: Which would you choose - Takuban Perahu or the White Crater?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted