We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Trip to BDG in Early June 2017

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
Save Topic
Family Trip to BDG in Early June 2017

Hello All,

We are a family of 5 ( 2 adults and 3 kids (10,6,4) travelling to JKT to BDG

1)Touch down on thursday afternoon and walk around at JKT

2)Friday morning, catch train from Gambir to BDG, how do we purcahse the tickets and price?

would it be better to hire a driver from JKT to BDG or take train?

3) We most likely is staying at Holiday Inn Express Pluit on Thursday

4) For BDG hotel, i am looking at Ivory by Ayola, Regata hotel, De java, crown Plaza which is better amond them or is there others that is better

5) I am planning to visit white crater, floating market on sat, would that be fine?

5)Friday when reach still have time to visit Dusun Bambu, tea/strawberery farm ?

6) where can slot in hot spring?

7) then sunday late afternoon make out way back to JKT.

apologies for so many question because first time to BDG

Thanks in advance !!

9 replies to this topic
Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
3,647 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family Trip to BDG in Early June 2017

Since there is a direct flight from Singapore to bandung, why do you want to fly to jakarta?

2. You can buy tour train ticket at tiket.com or traveloka.com

Or visit any indomaret while you are on the ground

Hiring a car or train, i will hire a car with a driver from bandung to come pick me up in jakarta than ask him to drive around bandung for the rest of the day, a jakarta's driver may not know his way around bandung

5. No kawah putih (south) and floating market (north) are at opposite direction, you should throw floating market together with dusun bambu, you can also try to fit in sari ater hot spring on this day if you want to start early and rush it

Kawah putih can be grouped with situ patenggang and strawberries farm as the strawberries are better in this

region compared to the one on the north

Seriously, fly in and out of bandung not jakarta, save money and time

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
14 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family Trip to BDG in Early June 2017

HI, I just back from Bandung Vacation last weekend..

First, my advice, rent a car from Jakarta, because you'll need a car to move from one to another place in Bandung..

For a nice view, and good price, you can try the valley resort, it's on DAGO, so the view is very good at night

https://www.tripadvisor.co.id/Hotel_Review-s…

White Crater or Kawah Putih we called, it's outside bandung city, precisely on ciwidey, around 2-3 hours from Bandung city and you should go there very early in the morning like 06.00am maybe to avoid traffic. Floating Market is on the way to Lembang, such a food court with small lake.

But if you like to see nice scenery, you can try STONE GARDEN, quite far, but go there around afternoon to Evening to see sunset.. It's a good place, just take a lokk at here :

https://www.google.co.id/url…

But for all of those places, be ready if you go on Saturday, been there last week, and traffic so insane, well mostly Jakarta people went there, heheh.

Hot Spring, you can go to Maribaya Hot Spring, nice viev and natural environment..

But again, if you can, don't go on Saturday.. it will destruct your Holiday..hahah

SG
Level Contributor
193 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family Trip to BDG in Early June 2017

Here is what I would do:

Contact your hotel of choice in Bandung. Crowne or Ivory is good.

Ask if they can recommend good driver to hire.

Ask driver to pick you up on Friday morning in Jakarta. You hire him (and car) for the whole day.

Ask driver to take you to Ciater hot spring. The route should be: via Cipali, exit Subang. It would take you approx. 4hour to reach that place from Jakarta on Friday morning.

Floating market and Dusun Bambu are located between this place and Bandung city.

If you are satisfied with your driver, you can hire him again for the next day.

Kawah putih and strawberry farm can be visited on Saturday.

For going back to Jakarta on Sunday afternoon, I prefer train. If you choose to go back to Jakarta by shuttle, make sure you depart before 2pm to avoid heavy traffic in toll road.

Good luck.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
53,970 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family Trip to BDG in Early June 2017

angfamily05, hi

Sorry but your plan is what i call a COMPLETE disaster

1/ you must book direct flight SIN-BDO, even if flight SIN-SCK seems cheaper you`ll waste money on transfer to Bandung and your precious time too.

2/ <<I am planning to visit white crater, floating market on sat, would that be fine?>>

On weekends doing Kawah Putih is a blunder, you need a weekday to get there. Floating market is in a complete opposite position of the region and on Saturdays the traffic jams in BDG will be stupendous due to 1 million of JKT vacationers and their cars that flood the city.

3/ << then sunday late afternoon make out way back to JKT.>>

This will be exactly what the mentioned 1 mil of JKT vacationers will do in the very same time. I hope you`ll enjoy staying in the toll traffic, otherwise replan everything!!

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
19 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family Trip to BDG in Early June 2017

1)Unless you want to visit Jakarta, there's direct flight to Bandung.

2)Train tickets can be obtained from Indonesian train company official website https://tiket.kereta-api.co.id/ also available in Android app KAI Access OR other places that sell tickets like traveloka.com or tiket.com

Price is about SGD 10 more or less.

Traffic can be bad if you go by car, worse on the weekend. I think it's better to go by train, sightseeing from the train is also nice.

3) This is not the city center, also not that close to the airport. But close to the amusement park.

4)I have no experiences staying in those hotels, I can't say which one is better.

5) That'd be fine if you rent a car.

Thursday afternoon, traffic may be bad so if you want to visit places, it may be a little late if that's okay with you.

6) Sorry I don't understand the question.

7) Again, unless you want to visit Jakarta, there's direct flight from Bandung.

Enjoy your trip and I hope the information helps.

Springwood
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Family Trip to BDG in Early June 2017

Hi I've just come back from Bandung and recommend private driver. Best you go direct to Bandung as you'll waste time and money going from Jakarta to Bandung.

We stayed at Arundayata Hotel (formerly Hyatt Regency) which was excellent and affordable. Here we hired our private driver at cost of 400,000 IDR minimum 4 hours then 100,000 every hour thereafter. He was excellent and spoke English quite good and we hired him every day as he knows the tourist attractions.

He took us to the volcano, tea plantation and local performances, markets etc. and hot springs for a swim.

please, if you want his direct number I'm happy to provide with his permission and he does everything through his employer Bluebird rentals. Very aboveboard. Highly recommended and extremely trustworthy.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,970 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Family Trip to BDG in Early June 2017

@iraj2016

Just FYI : spreading commercial info and business contacts is equally prohibited by our guidelines either via open forum or via PM.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,970 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Family Trip to BDG in Early June 2017

To the OP:

## avoid like a plague anyone who tries to approach you via this forum or PM with various offers: car, guide, travel assistance etc. Legal businesses do not operate this way. Stay on the safer side of the road.

If anyone tries to approach you with assurance that he is a TA recommended driver ( there is no such thing in principal) or his is recommended by DEs ( DEs do not compromise their position) etc - this is a lair and a cheat. Please report immediately.

Singapore
Level Contributor
46 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Family Trip to BDG in Early June 2017

Hi Ang, what is the date you are flying there? Me and my family will be going on 1st jun.

Reply to: Family Trip to BDG in Early June 2017
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted