We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day trip to kawah putih from jakarta

3 posts
Save Topic
One day trip to kawah putih from jakarta

Hi,

I need some help , advice, suggestions on going to kawah putih for a day.

we stay in Jakarta. we have relatives visiting us on 14th april, friday. and i have planned a one day trip to kawah putih...on saturday 15th april. We plan to leave early morning by 5 am to avoid traffic and reach the destination by arnd 10 am. And return by night. As our relatives have a flight to catch the next day evening. kindly suggest if we can go to this place in a day.

Thnks in advance.

8 replies to this topic
Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
28 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One day trip to kawah putih from jakarta

Hello Sandhya,

Yes, you can visit Kawah Putih in one day if you depart from Jakarta early morning (5 am in your case). Just prepare for your return trip because night time trip from Bandung to Jakarta can be notorious (stock some food and water).

I hope this will help you

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
54,005 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One day trip to kawah putih from jakarta

Sandhya V, hi

Mt. Patuha on weekends is a seriously bad idea. I do not suggest doing this even in the case visitors start from BDG, not JKT as in your case.

Once ( I was young and naive) I tried to reach the park gates from JL. Kopo, Bandung, in the morning ( week end). It took me 5 hours one way...And I did not get there, I gave up, turned my car, cursed myself and said " never again".

My sincere suggestion: choose another date ( weekday) or reconsider the whole idea.

St. Gallen...
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,891 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One day trip to kawah putih from jakarta

Please don't!!!

SG
Level Contributor
193 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One day trip to kawah putih from jakarta

5am??...saturday??....

Doable!

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
2,071 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One day trip to kawah putih from jakarta

I think it is a bad idea on the weekends, you will be stuck on the traffic, even if you plan on leaving home at 5 am. Depends on where you live, even you make it out from your neighborhood, soon you will be on toll roads fighting for space with all the big trucks. And it happens on both sides of toll roads.

5 hours can turn to 7-8 hours. Please consider to go somewhere else instead

3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: One day trip to kawah putih from jakarta

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. Yes we started from jakarta at 4.30 am n reached ciwidey by arond 10 am. n drove back to jakarta the same evening. Traffic was bad but managed to reach home by dinner time.

3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: One day trip to kawah putih from jakarta

Thank you all for the suggestions. It wasnt a bad idea to go to kawah putih in the morning and come back in the night. Yes, we were stuck in traffic for one hour after we entered jakarta as it was raining.

But going for a one day trip is definitely a good option, if we start early.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
54,005 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: One day trip to kawah putih from jakarta

Ok. If you enjoyed it and happy in the very end....

Reply to: One day trip to kawah putih from jakarta
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted