We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation with yoga

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
551 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation with yoga

Hello,

I’m trying to help my friend book a surprise holiday for his 25th anniversary. He’s decided on Ubud but having trouble deciding on accommodation. Hopefully someone can help.

6 nights accommodation, lots of beautiful scenery, breakfast included, spa and lots and lots of yoga (classes to join or private)

They are looking to book a super relaxing and romantic holiday. Budget for accommodation is around $4000.

One that he’s looking at is Royal Pita Maha.

Thanks so much!!

7 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
999 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation with yoga

There's Fiveelements retreat out of Ubud. But a word of warning, if they are not vegetarian and like to have a bintang I would give it a miss as it's a full healthy lifestyle retreat with no alcohol and meat but it is amazing...

Edited: 15 May 2018, 17:17
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
999 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation with yoga

Sorry that should have read Fivelements Retreat

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
551 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation with yoga

Thank you! I actually did look at that one but didn’t know about the no alcohol. I think that would be an issue.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
999 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation with yoga

It is lovely and they have great yoga and massages but it's all extra on top of accommodation price. I would say you can sneak in alcohol but they have no mini bar in each villa so beer would go cold 😂

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
551 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation with yoga

Maybe they can go and spend a day there. That might work. It looks pretty awesome!

Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
12,158 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation with yoga

You could also check out the Como Shambala or their sister hotel the Uma by Como. Also the Maya does have one of the most beautiful yoga pavillions I have seen (plus a pretty fantastic gym and spa)

Saint Louis
Level Contributor
149 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodation with yoga

My wife and I just returned from spending 15 nights in Bali celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary, and she was very interested in my joining her in yoga classes. We budgeted considerably less than $4000 for stellar accommodations (not including meals). We stayed at the Kayon Resort in Ubud for 4 nights, where they have a spa, private yoga sessions, and free 7 am yoga sessions. The first morning we were there, the free session was at the intermediate level, according to the instructor. (I, never having experienced yoga before, was wiped out for three days.) . We also spent 10 days at The Villas Tejakula in the north, in our own private villa (nobody else was occupying the other bedroom, thanks to the news about the volcano). There, the 1-hour private yoga sessions were $28 apiece, and were geared precisely for our level (or lack thereof, in my case.) My spouse also had daily massages at the spa that were about two-thirds the price of the yoga sessions. Both resorts offered peace, tranquility, romance, and beautiful scenery in abundance. Both resorts are highly rated on TripAdvisor.

Reply to: Accommodation with yoga
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted