We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap eats in walking distance to Pondok Buda Penestanan K

Xi'an, China
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
Cheap eats in walking distance to Pondok Buda Penestanan K

Hello everyone, am looking for suggestions of good cheap eats around this accomodation. Am travelling with 4 teenagers so looking for budget friendly places to eat that wont break the bank. Places that also serve western food would be much appreciated for 2 of my fussy teens...groan!

Many thanks in advance.

5 replies to this topic
australia
Level Contributor
1,684 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap eats in walking distance to Pondok Buda Penestanan K

For me, your location is a bit isolated. Google "Penestanan restaurants"; there are a few places. Other TA members may have suggestions. To eat out in central Ubud will require a car with driver although your accommodation may offer a shuttle service but that usually finishes 5-6 p.m. Bit of a shame your children are not open to local cuisine as it's wonderful.

Edited: 13 May 2018, 09:43
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
935 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap eats in walking distance to Pondok Buda Penestanan K

Gratitude on the main gang your accom on is great, western food on the menu, decent coffee. A few other good cheap warungs on that gang but not sure what western food is on their menus (Warung Pakir and mesari), and lots of choice just out on the main road. Warung Mendez is amazing indo and thai. Its a gorgeous spot to stay!

australia
Level Contributor
1,684 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap eats in walking distance to Pondok Buda Penestanan K

Thanks NatalieC from me.

Beachmere, Australia
Destination Expert
for Ubud
Level Contributor
2,589 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap eats in walking distance to Pondok Buda Penestanan K

Lucky you staying at Pondok Buda with Rodney as your host - his hospitality and home cooked breakfasts are legendary! In fact I’m not sure that any of you will need to eat again during the day! However, if you do become a little peckish there are a multitude of small restaurants within a few minutes walk. I could list them all by name but you will find them very easily. Natalie has mentioned a few to try which are very close to you. The best hamburger and chips for the teenagers is at Element and you will find something delicious there for yourself, Don’t worry about finding cheap food, in Penestanan Kelod you are surrounded by it.

Have a fabulous holiday, I’m sure you will love Penestanan.

Newport, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap eats in walking distance to Pondok Buda Penestanan K

Give BuBu’s a go. Excellent food and they do a chicken hamburger and chips. Bayous do a bbq chicken, salad and chips as well. Wish I there.

Reply to: Cheap eats in walking distance to Pondok Buda Penestanan K
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted