We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ubud and Seminyak Itinerary

London, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Ubud and Seminyak Itinerary

Hi everyone!

We are heading to Bali in around 3 weeks time!

We are stopping over in KL for 3 days first. We are mid 20's and travelling as a couple. It is our first time to Bali!

Day 1:

- We are arriving into Bali airport from Kuala Lumpur at around 1:30pm

- I'm hoping we will get to our hotel (Udhiana) by 4:40/5pm we will just chill for the rest of the day

Day 2:

- Hire a driver and head to Tegallalang Rice Terrace in the morning and then head to Pura Gunung Kawi Sebatu. Pura Tirta Empu and then Pura Gunung Kawi (is this feesable?)

Day 3:

- Chill at the hotel in the morning and check out

- travel to Alaya Resort in Ubud and check in/settle

- Visit the monkey forest in the afternoon/explore town

Day 4:

- Do the Campuhan Ridge walk in the morning

- hire a driver to take us to Tegenungan waterfall and stop at Goa Gajah on the way

Day 5:

- wake up early for a hike up Batur (how hard is this trek? I am pretty fit and active but can sometime have troubled joints!)

- in the afternoon have a massage or go to a spa

Day 6:

- Hire a driver to take us to Seminyak to our accommodation and settle in/explore

Day 7:

- hire a driver for a snorkelling trip? (perhaps to Blue Lagoon?)

Day 8:

- go to Waterbom water park

Day 9:

- Beach club/exploring

Day 10:

- Chill/ Make our way to the airport (flight at 8pm)

Our Seminyak part of the trip is far more relaxed and I guess it doesn't matter too much which days we do what.

Do you think this itinerary is doable? Are we missing anything crucial??

Will welcome any tips and suggestions :)

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Udhiana Resort Ubud
Udhiana Resort Ubud
118 Reviews
Ubud, Indonesia
Sebatu
Sebatu
49 Reviews
Tegalalang, Indonesia
Alaya Resort Ubud
Alaya Resort Ubud
2,383 Reviews
Ubud, Indonesia
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
Campuhan Ridge Walk
Campuhan Ridge Walk
4,950 Reviews
Ubud, Indonesia
Tegenungan Waterfall
Tegenungan Waterfall
3,190 Reviews
Ubud, Indonesia
Waterbom Bali
Waterbom Bali
12,176 Reviews
Kuta, Indonesia
6 replies to this topic
australia
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ubud and Seminyak Itinerary

Not quite sure why the choice of two resorts in Ubud, ten minutes apart by car. Perhaps using up valuable time transferring and keep in mind check-in/check-out times. Campuhan Ridge Walk is on the same side of town as Udhiana; quite a walk from either resort to get there. Early morning is good. It is suggested to visit the monkey forest in the afternoon when they're less active after eating so many bananas from the hordes of visitors. Do not wear anything they can pull off, no backpacks containing water, food etc.

Edited: 11 May 2018, 08:25
Mentioned in this post
Campuhan Ridge Walk
Campuhan Ridge Walk
4,950 Reviews
Ubud, Indonesia
Udhiana Resort Ubud
Udhiana Resort Ubud
118 Reviews
Ubud, Indonesia
coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
for Tulamben, Lovina Beach
Level Contributor
8,694 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ubud and Seminyak Itinerary

Can't reply in detal as heading out for a dive. But day 7 better done from Ubud.

Mentioned in this post
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
11,964 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ubud and Seminyak Itinerary

I agree changing hotels in Ubud doesn't make that much sense but it does allow you to experience two different types of accom in Ubud. One more of a garden style boutique and another a city hotel.

Also I won't check all your itinerary plans but do look at google maps so you aren't back tracking or criss crossing to go to areas. eg Goa Gajah is on the way to Gunung Kawi. (also I think you have too many temples on your first day..there is so much to see other than just temples) Also consider the Mask and Puppet Museum which is very close to Goa Gajah.

Snorkeling at Padang Bai (Blue Lagoon) is easier to get to from Ubud, not Seminyak.

One thing I always recommend to people for Ubud is to attend one or more of the gamelan and dance performances that are held at 8 different venues every night in Ubud. (avoid Ubud Palace as they are too crowded with bussed in tourists) . These are the same people from the village who perform at their temple ceremonies so it's very professional and authentic.

Batur climb is not difficult but you should definitely use a guide.

Mentioned in this post
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
London, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ubud and Seminyak Itinerary

Thanks for your reply. The decision for 2 hotels is because we couldn't decide between (I feel they're quite different) anyway it has been booked and paid for since Jan so no changing now! Also the second hotel are happy to keep our luggage if we want to check in early.

I'm slightly confused about the ridge as according to google maps it is closer to Alaya? It says it's a 30 minute walk - or is it closer to Udhiana?

Mentioned in this post
Alaya Resort Ubud
Alaya Resort Ubud
2,383 Reviews
Ubud, Indonesia
Udhiana Resort Ubud
Udhiana Resort Ubud
118 Reviews
Ubud, Indonesia
London, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ubud and Seminyak Itinerary

@mangomunky

Thanks! The 2 different styles is why we are staying at 2 places.

Also the my reason behind doing snorkelling from seminyak is that there seems to be less to do there so we have more free time. Whereas in ubud we already have lots to do - is it much further to go from seminyak?

Thanks for the recommendation about seeing a performance I will definitely add this!

Edited: 11 May 2018, 18:44
Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
11,964 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ubud and Seminyak Itinerary

You are welcome. Yes, if you look at google maps Padang Bai is due East of Ubud. From Seminyak is further west and slightly north. (Also Seminyak is much more urban and traffic going out of the South is more crowded. The other option for a snorkel day is a day trip or even overnight to Nusa Penida by boat, it's very close to Sanur and the snorkeling areas are larger (but more snorkelers too)

Mentioned in this post
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
Seminyak
Seminyak
Kuta District, Indonesia
Nusa Penida
Nusa Penida
Bali, Indonesia
Sanur
Sanur