We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ubud itinerary for 6-9 July

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
26 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Ubud itinerary for 6-9 July

Hello,

I need to make up an itinerary for Ubud. Me and my husband will arrive in Ubud very late on 6 Jul, indeed on 7 Jul since it is past the midnight.

We will have 7 and 8 Jul in full, then 9 Jul in half in Ubud, before we head to Sanur for 5 nights.

Hence we have 2.5 days. We are interested in local culture and nature of Bali.

I would be very happy if you share with me your recommendations for itinerary.

Thank you very much!

7 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
323 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ubud itinerary for 6-9 July

This video helped me a lot.

https://youtu.be/QoKQc867nyQ

Have fun.

Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
11,666 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ubud itinerary for 6-9 July

My favorite thing to do in Ubud is see the wonderful gamelan and dance performances every night in various villages around Ubud (about 8 different venues). There are also lots of hikes and temples around Ubud which are covered a lot in forum posts (see the search feature on the right on a computer).

Two day trips I highly recommend - Batur volcano and lake, Ceking Tegallalang rice fields (don't walk through the fields..better to see from the regular vantage points - Mask and Puppet Museum - Goa Gajah and Gunung Kawi..(this is a general sample itinerary of what you could easily do in a day.

Another trip - and this could be good for torontocpl as well - go from Ubud to Bedugul, passing through Munduk and waterfalls, Botanical gardens and temple in the lake, large rice fields near Jatiluwih. (torontocpl you could do this on your way up to Pemuteran)

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
26 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ubud itinerary for 6-9 July

Hello,

Firstly thank you very much for taking time to reply.

Indeed my whole Bali plan is 6-14 Jul. We want to start with Ubud 6-9 July which means 2 full days in Ubud due to our late arrival on 6th July. Then I am considering possibility of staying in Sidemen and probably Munduk for 1 or 2 nights each, then finish with Sanur. I want to have 2 days in Sanur if possible.

How do you think I shall plan the part with Ubud, Sidemen and Munduk? Shall I skip some of them or how many nights shall we stay on each?

Thank you very much!

Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,666 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ubud itinerary for 6-9 July

Since your whole trip is only 9 days/nights I personally might just do a 2 center stay - Ubud and Sanur. Munduk and Sidemen are easy day trips from Ubud.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
26 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ubud itinerary for 6-9 July

Thank you very much. I also hear Pemuteran a lot, shall we remove Sanur and choose Pemuteran do you think?

Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,666 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ubud itinerary for 6-9 July

I love Pemuteran but it's more of a place for very quiet and snorkeling at Pemuteran. Boats from here take off to the West Bali National Park at Menjangan Island. I only go to Pemuteran if I have at least 3 nights avialable. Sanur is more beachy shopping and cafe culture and close to the airport.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
26 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ubud itinerary for 6-9 July

Thank you lots!

Regarding 2 day trips you mention above, how can we do these day trips - are there tour agencies or shall we do it on our own? We will not have a car.

How much does a day trip like you suggest cost from Ubud approximately? And are the dance performances in Ubud expensive? Trying to figure out the budget.

Thank you very much!

Reply to: Ubud itinerary for 6-9 July
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted