We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this a difficult walk?

Orange County...
Level Contributor
689 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
Is this a difficult walk?

Is it a difficult walk from around Habitat Cafe to Ubud Palace?

I have seen a few hotels in this area offering hourly shuttles to the Palace/Market and was confused. I expected this from resorts that are further out, but considered this area to still be fairly "central" (20 min walk to the Palace).

Am I over estimating the simplicity of this walk? Does the heat and humidity make it difficult to manage? I know Jl. MF has a decent hill at the south end, but if I were to take Jl. Hanoman instead, wouldn't that allow for a more gradual incline?

Appreciate any input here. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Habitat Cafe
Habitat Cafe
578 Reviews
Ubud, Indonesia
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
5 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
355 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is this a difficult walk?

No trouble unless you are infirm. The incline at the bottom of MF is a little steep. I'm 67 and manage it without effort. Don't bother backtracking to Jl Hanoman, just makes it longer. Just make sure you wear a cap or hat .Habitat do an excellent coffee by the way.

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is this a difficult walk?

If you are walking from Habitat Cafe to the Palace or Market, it’s seriously not a difficult walk along Monkey Forest Road. I walk from Jl Bisma, Kiskenda to Monkey Forest then back up to the market every day. on Monkey Forest Road. Sometimes l walk to Tagalalang without a problem or get a lift there and walk back.

The only problem is you need to wear a hat or as l do l walk with an umbrella. Even though lm from SA l can’t manage the humidity, we don’t have that humidity here.

Must try the coffee at Habitat next time, thanks Ripley.

Edited: 23 April 2018, 08:19
Mentioned in this post
Habitat Cafe
Habitat Cafe
578 Reviews
Ubud, Indonesia
Orange County...
Level Contributor
689 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is this a difficult walk?

Ok, thank you both. It's what I thought, but when I saw the hotels offering shuttles, I thought perhaps I had misjudged the walk. So thank you for confirming. :)

australia
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Is this a difficult walk?

I think you're visiting in November, ShugrGrl, and previous advice is wise and along with your hat, suntan lotion, take plenty of water. The weather will be humid. The incline is a bit steep but plenty of rest spots or shop browsing along the way if needed. Depending where you're chosen accommodation is located, you could consider Jl. Hanoman.

Orange County...
Level Contributor
689 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is this a difficult walk?

Thanks BaliA. Still haven't worked out exactly when we're going, or where we're staying, but I'll get there eventually. haha The options feel endless!

Reply to: Is this a difficult walk?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted