We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice restaurants/places to eat & drink

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Nice restaurants/places to eat & drink

I am coming to Sanur for 6 nights in September. I am staying in the Rumah Frangipani Villa and want to know of good places to eat and drink in the Sanur area? I will be going over to Seminyak via a taxi on maybe 1 or 2 of the days that i am in Sanur before staying in Ubud for a further 4 nights.

Can anyone recommend something to me?

Many thanks.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
81 reviews
1. Re: Nice restaurants/places to eat & drink

Our favourite restaurant in Sanur is Mona Lisa Cafe. It is very clean and has a lovely courtyard at the rear which we like to sit in. We have never had a bad meal there in many visits with large groups. They don't serve cocktails or spirits for the women there, but they do serve Bintang Radler which a lot of the women liked. I would also recommend Lilla Pantai (on the beach), Warung Coconut Tree, Warung Little Bird, Canang Kitchen and Bar, The Glass House, Lilla Warung, La Playa Cafe (on the beach) and Rib Restaurant isn't bad. If you like some music of an evening, the Wicked Parrot has a live band playing each night (older stuff and requests) and you can get a meal there. Near to you is a little bakery called the Bread Basket. We loved it there and they do great food and is a good spot to buy lunch. There is a place called Sanur Beach Grove which has recently opened. It has about 12 food stalls and is open air by the beach. They have a DJ playing 70s and 80s music sometimes and a small market on the weekend. We really enjoyed the food we had here and it had a great atmosphere at night. If you like massages there are plenty of little spas around. If you want somewhere more upmarket but still reasonably priced, head for Nest Beachside Spa. My wife, sister-in-law and friend all loved this place.

Valla Beach
Level Contributor
400 posts
50 reviews
2. Re: Nice restaurants/places to eat & drink

Masimo's is a great Italian restaurant in Sanur and a good bar is Casablanca's they have some great Balinese bands playing there and is not that far from Masimo's & if you want to kick on to all hours there is Linger Longer Bar right up the other end may have to get a taxi doesn't cost much hope this has been of some help to you.

Enjoy your holidays

Edited: 21 July 2016, 06:20
Auckland NZ
Level Contributor
1,721 posts
111 reviews
3. Re: Nice restaurants/places to eat & drink

On the beachfront we like Luhtus,La Playa and Lilla Pantai. Have been disappointed by some of the others that people on here have recommended.Some very dubious hygiene standards. On Jl. Tamblingan we love Canang,Art Café and 3 Monkeys. We also love the bread from Bread Basket roughly opp. Hardys. Made the mistake of buying apple pies from the little bakery outside the supermarket part of Hardys - one bite and in the bin! We stayed at Prama and enjoyed Tia Garden just opposite the entrance and Fortune Cookie about 500m away.Taxis from one end of Tamblingan to the other are only 30,000 and about 120,000 to Legian area for shopping. Have a great time

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
422 posts
116 reviews
4. Re: Nice restaurants/places to eat & drink

Another vote for: Wicked Parrot, Mona Lisa, Rib, and Luhtu's on the beach.

Edited: 21 July 2016, 08:51
Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
8,633 posts
130 reviews
5. Re: Nice restaurants/places to eat & drink

Caramel, Firestation, Onion, Kesumas, Gardenia, Kak Odang.

Southern...
Level Contributor
6,526 posts
66 reviews
6. Re: Nice restaurants/places to eat & drink

Miss the lunchtime beers at the Wicket Parrot.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
22 reviews
7. Re: Nice restaurants/places to eat & drink

Another vote for Massimos - if you like Italian food this place is the best. You will need to book for dinner but it is well worth a visit. We went a few times on our last visit to Sanur!

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,143 posts
80 reviews
8. Re: Nice restaurants/places to eat & drink

Some great recommendations so far. Our favorite place s still Cafe Batu Jimbar (opposite Hardy's) especially on a Sunday morning.

sydney
Level Contributor
1,119 posts
15 reviews
9. Re: Nice restaurants/places to eat & drink

Jack fish for lunch ... right at the beach ...

Essex, United...
Level Contributor
251 posts
114 reviews
10. Re: Nice restaurants/places to eat & drink

Lilla Pantai (on the beach), Soul in a Bowl for breakfast or lunch, Massimo's for dinner!

Get answers to your questions about Sanur
Recent Conversations