We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gili Trawangan. Things to do.

Which Sanur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Queenscliff...
Level Contributor
164 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
Gili Trawangan. Things to do.

We are spending five nights on GIli Trawangan in May. We are now wondering if this is a tad too long as people say there is not much to do. We are happy to relax on the beach or around the pool but also like to do a few things to occupy our time. Was considering a day trip to Lombok. But was wondering if anyone else had any ideas please?

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,671 posts
313 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gili Trawangan. Things to do.

Gili T is all about relaxing, snorkelling and diving. You can ride a pushbike around the island, hop over to Gili Air or Gili Meno or go over to Lombok if you wish but apart from that there are not many other 'options' on Gili T itself.

IF you wish to occupy more of your time sightseeing, shopping, exploring then you may wish to reconsider the length of your stay on Gili T.

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
172 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gili Trawangan. Things to do.

We stayed there for a week and loved it.

A good book, a Mojito in hand, feet in fine white sand overlooking azure

coloured seas, what else do you want :o)

You can do a all day snorkelling trip for 100,000rp each, great fun.

Nowadays there is the odd craft/fashion/jewellery shops popping up, my wife found a couple of really nice drsses and a hand bag on the Island.

S

Queenscliff...
Level Contributor
164 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gili Trawangan. Things to do.

I think I could handle the relaxation for the time we are there. We both have such full on life styles and it may take a bit of adjusting but probably what we both need! Im pretty sure we can handle that for five nights! Thanks guys!

Miranda, Sydney
Level Contributor
3,327 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gili Trawangan. Things to do.

We stayed for 4days in September, which was fantastic. Back there again next week for another 4.wish it was longer!

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,106 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gili Trawangan. Things to do.

I think that 5 days is enough personally; I did this last year and was getting slightly itchy feet by the end of it. So nice to head back to the greenness of Bali afterwards, and not have everything constantly covered by a fine layer of sand.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
771 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gili Trawangan. Things to do.

It all depends on what this trip means to you & how much 'downtime' you both require. If it's a well earned & deserved break i say go for it. I have been to the gili's on different duration lengths & no matter how long the stay it is never enough for us.

If you get bored you can visit the other gili islands & stay on lombok for 1-2 nights to split up some of your relaxation time. There is plenty of adventure & sight-seeing to occupy you both there.

Queenscliff...
Level Contributor
164 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gili Trawangan. Things to do.

Thank you everyone, after taking everything into consideration I think we will stay for the five nights and make the most of it. It sounds wonderful and I am sure if we get bored we can do a visit to Lombok. We head to Ubud from there so I think that will be a nice contrast. Thanks once again.

8. Re: Gili Trawangan. Things to do.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2014, 15:15