We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First timer to you sanur/bali

Which Sanur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
london
Level Contributor
419 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
First timer to you sanur/bali

Hi Trip advisors

will be travelling to bali in january for the first time with my wife (mid 40's), will be staying in sanur for 5 nights, looking for some ideas for, tours, itinearies or things to do, where to eat etc? although would like to avoid the too touristy things although I accept you are always are tourist in a foreign land. I appreciate we will only be there for a short period thats why I would like to gather info to choose wisely

Thanks

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
651 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: First timer to you sanur/bali

hi there. i have booked to stay in Kayu Sugih as advised by TA members. I shall update everyone. Thanks Dina

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
605 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: First timer to you sanur/bali

Have just returned from another delightful stay as Sanur.Its relaxing with enough liveliness to keep it interesting,and the choice of places to eat beats the Kuta/ Legian area hands down.I agree with all the above comments,and wish you a wonderful trip,I cant wait to return.We stay at the Segara,but have stayed at other places and checked most of the Sanur hotels out-all are nice depending on budget.Enjoy !

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
605 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: First timer to you sanur/bali

Have just returned from another delightful stay as Sanur.Its relaxing with enough liveliness to keep it interesting,and the choice of places to eat beats the Kuta/ Legian area hands down.I agree with all the above comments,and wish you a wonderful trip,I cant wait to return.We stay at the Segara,but have stayed at other places and checked most of the Sanur hotels out-all are nice depending on budget.Enjoy !

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
651 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: First timer to you sanur/bali

hi bbun, may i asked if you can advise whethere there are any beach activities.... banana boat, parasailing, skijet.. .. around sanur beach. how about food along the sanur area. i will be going again this time to stay in sanur as last time i stayed in tg benoa which is quite at night and not many shops during the day. hope you can share every piece of useful information about sanur....thanks in advance Dina

london
Level Contributor
419 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: First timer to you sanur/bali

Hi Nshack

I was recommended santiva sanur cottages, by a TA member, through research, there seem to be more good reviews on places to stay in Sanur than negative.

Sulphur Springs...
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: First timer to you sanur/bali

Thanks, I will check it out.

Sulphur Springs...
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: First timer to you sanur/bali

Is it best to stay in Sanur or Nusa Dua for water activities?

Cooktown, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
131 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: First timer to you sanur/bali

Hello

My husband and I have just returned from Bali. It was our first trip there and we had a fantastic time. We stayef five nights in Lovina Beach ( northern Bali ) at Lovina BeachHouse villas ( absolutely recommend ) www.lovinabeachhouses.com. We then stayed in Sanur for five nights - at Puri Sanding hotel - not recommended. There are lots of other much better accommodation options - suggest you try a self contained villa.

Restaurants great - RIB; The Wicket Parrot; Bonsai; and for an Australian mad sports person - Barbs Sports Bar.

For the best driver with car( 450,000 rupiah a day S50 Australian) you should contact Made Darsana (+62) 81338573145 or email darsana@hotmail.com. Avoid Kuta, Seminyak and Nusa Dua - YUK

Sulphur Springs...
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: First timer to you sanur/bali

thanks for the info, also the driver recommendation. I was looking to have a driver instead of paying taxi's.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
380 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: First timer to you sanur/bali

While you are there I would thoroughly recommend swimming with the dolphins which is close to Sanur. The operators will pick you up from your hotel/villa. Have a look at balidolphins.com it was a highlight of Bali for us (2 women late 40s) along with safari (not just elephant) park and Paon cooking school in Ubud.