We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rush hours for traffic

Turkey
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Rush hours for traffic

Hi,

I read about the traffic jam in Bali almost in every forum. What I'd like to learn:

1)Is there any specific time slots and/or days for the rush hours?

2)We'll be staying at Ayodya, and one day want to pass Kuta for a visit. At what time should we leave for Kuta and come back?

3)How much does it cost with bluebird taxis between NusaDua-Kuta?

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rush hours for traffic

Well it seems to be from about 8am till 8pm - the area around Nusa Dua - there is road works for the new bypass - (toll road), at Kuta Roundabout the traffic is bad due to roadworks for the underpass/overpass construction

the traffic changes during the day but the peaks are

northbound towards Sanur in the mornings

southbound towards Nusa Dua mid to late afternoon

this is partly because of people heading to the Safari park, Kuta and Ubud in the mornings - in the afternoons there is a a combination of people heading north to Kuta for shopping and dinner, people heading to Seminyak or Tanah Lot for sunset cocktails, southbound its the Rock Bar and Jimbaran seafood for dinner and sunsets

If you can leave Nusa Dua before 7am and return after 8 pm you should have quite good runs in the traffic

A Blue BIrd taxi can cost between 100 000 Rp and 150 000 Rp depending on length of journey and how long you sit in the traffic

Turkey
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rush hours for traffic

7am sounds very early:)) but thank you very much for your commend...it's very helpful...I'll try to wake up.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
113 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rush hours for traffic

I stay at the Marriott. I leave at 9:30 to get to the shops at approx 10am(when most open) I come back around 2pm and have no trouble with traffic.

And a blue bird taxi will cost between 73,500 and 80,000....

Turkey
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rush hours for traffic

Thanks! really appreciated

5. Re: Rush hours for traffic

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 08:15