We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spending money per day

Which Nusa Dua hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Level Contributor
50 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Spending money per day

HI

I'm going to be in Bali mid August. How much spending money per day would be engough to cover breakfast, lunch dinner?

I'm thinking of having about $100 to $120 U.S. per day? Is that enough?

Thanks

Jo

New Zealand
Level Contributor
47 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spending money per day

Boy - is that not a loaded question.

However, if you are going to frequent average 'run-of-the-mill' street restaurants in Kuta or Legian, and depending on your taste, as a single you should easily manage on $10 - $15 US per day if not less.

If you eat at up-market hotels, that's a different matter again and you can double or tripple that.

Let me pose an example. We (2) stayed in Kuta for ten days last year and ate exclusively in local restaurants. We allowed $80US per day each but only spent about one third of this on all activities.

Regards, Nev

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
239 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spending money per day

I just returned from a 3 week trip to Bali. I was also there for 3 weeks in Dec/Jan; and also for 3 weeks in Oct/Nov. The most expensive meal I have had there cost US$50 for 2 people. This was at Cafe Warisan (very highly regarded), and we had drinks, starters, mains, dessert and good Italian coffees- it was a special occasion evening. Even at more moderately priced restuarants frequented largely by tourists (i.e. Rumours or Trattoria, both on Jl Laksmana in Seminyak) the price of dinner for 2 people costs around US$14 (and it can be even less). You can buy breakfast at Tekor (on the beach) and spend US$3 a person. None of these places are truly considered "street warungs"- most of the diners are tourists or local ex pats.