We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fabric buying in Bali

Which Kuta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Fabric buying in Bali

Hi, Where exactly is Alta Moda in Bali? Every trip to Bali I look for fabric but never find any! Any other fabric locations? Thanks Anita

perth
Level Contributor
363 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fabric buying in Bali

Istana Kuta Galleri

Jl Patih, Jelantik, Kuta

Ph: 486 071

Perth , Australia
Destination Expert
for Denpasar
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fabric buying in Bali

Bar far the best fabric shop location is in Denpasar - jalan Suluwesi - all the drivers know it. It is a street ( in fact a few streets ) with hundreds of fabric shops.

Well worth getting a driver or a taxi there.

The gold shops and Denpasar markets are next to to ther fabric shops.

BURLINGTON
Level Contributor
767 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fabric buying in Bali

I went to Sulawesi Street in Denpasar(from recommendations on this forum) - the whole street was fabric store after fabric store. I ended up not buying anything as I was totally put off by the touts and aggressive behavior of salespeople(also warned of this on the forum) - maybe it being my first trip to Bali and being in my late 60's was the main reason it was not a fun experience for me. But if you are looking for fabric this is the place to be!!

Tweed Heads...
Level Contributor
1,319 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fabric buying in Bali

Yes, definitely Jalan Sulawesi in Denpasar. Just ignore the hanger - oners. It was my friends first trip to Bali and she said that it was the only time she felt uncomfortable. It didn't faze me at all but then I had experienced places like this many times. She still said it was definitely worth the trip. This year she found a shop right up the end of Jalan Raya Seminyak before you turn into Jalan Lasmana. Great range of batik fabrics.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,004 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fabric buying in Bali

If you are after Batik fabric and don't wish to go in Denpasar, just do as I do and buy the cotton sarong lengths.....generally need two to make a shirt for instance, as one is just not quite enough to cut out the sleeves.

Perth, Australia
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Fabric buying in Bali

Thanks everyone. I will most definately go to Denpasar next trip. Can anyone tell me where Alta Moda Fabrics is? Just got to know! Encarnita

Wonthaggi, Australia
Level Contributor
901 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fabric buying in Bali

Try this link!

…wordpress.com/2007/04/11/alta-moda/

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
332 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fabric buying in Bali

Hi Ian,

Mellor had already told you the address in your first response.

It is in the Kuta Istana Galleria

Jl Patih Jelantik, KUTA.

Good luck, ii a going to go and find it too when we are there next week.

Have a fun trip.

Perth, Australia
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Fabric buying in Bali

Hi All

Thanks for the address. I didn't get it first time around! I will most definately be going there. Whilst I have got some sewers online, are there any online shops you would recommend. I buy from Gorgeous Fabrics and Emmaonesock in USA, but there must be loads of others around that are good. Looking for fabric for day wear mostly. Have a nice day

Encarnita, sunny Perth

Basel, Switzerland
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Fabric buying in Bali

Yes, I agree...you go to Sulawesi street in Denpasar. Alta Moda is at Patih Jelantik street Kuta, just ask the taxi to bring you there, they will know.