We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Agra tour guide - thank you Deepak Sharma

Which Agra hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Agra tour guide - thank you Deepak Sharma

Just returned home after a stunning trip to Agra. Sadly we were only there for a day but made the most of it mainly due to the excellent services of Deepak Sharma. During a two week holiday in Goa we made a dash for Agra for the weekend of the 4th December.

We called upon him at very short notice, and were lucky enough to secure his assistance for a day. Knowledgeable and humorous, his courteous guidance on a whistle stop tour was great fun.

He collected us promptly at dawn from our hotel and took us to the Taj Mahal, carefully setting the context of the area before we entered. If you have not been before, your first sight of the Taj Mahal is absolutely stunning - and to be honest we appreciated all the more for the detailed descriptions and history which Deepak provided.

He then took us around the sites of Agra, including the Red Fort, Baby Taj, and finally the lonely and atmospheric British Cemetery within the Military Cantonment. We finally had a superb meal in the relaxing surroundings of the Riao Restaraunt before Deepak took us to our train.

Thank you Deepak, you helped make a fabulous day extremely special.

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
92 posts
365 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Agra tour guide - thank you Deepak Sharma

Could you send me your guides email address please as I am thinking of going in Feb2012

Manchester
Level Contributor
287 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Agra tour guide - thank you Deepak Sharma

We also used Deepak as a guide a week afrter yourself "Frisby13",we were at the Taj on my 40th birthday,what an absolutely stunning beautiful place it is !......As well as his very informative narrative Deepak is also a great photographer and is willing to take as many pictures as you want,he knows all the best places in the grounds of the Taj to get the best pictures as well,he has been showing people round the Taj for 20 years he told us so he is very experienced,we also visited the "Red Fort"(Agra Fort) & also Sikandra.

He also arranged all our transport by car from Delhi airport to & from Agra and also arranged for a tour guide to show us round Delhi the following day before we flew back to Goa.

As much as we loved Goa,the two days we spent in Agra & Delhi were the highlights of our wonderful holiday.

Thanks Deepak for your excellent services.

Manchester
Level Contributor
287 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Agra tour guide - thank you Deepak Sharma

I forgot to say...Deepak also gave me some flowers for my birthday after he found out it was my 40th ! a very nice touch and much appreciated !

Thanks again Deepak.......Phil & Sheila

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Agra tour guide - thank you Deepak Sharma

We loved Goa, but like you the detour to the Taj was an amazing experience.Here is Deepak's email:

dian2008@rediffmail.com

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
7,709 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Agra tour guide - thank you Deepak Sharma

I myself was amazed to see those grave stones as old as 1816 of soldiers who died at very young age far from their home.

deepak

moray
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Agra tour guide - thank you Deepak Sharma

Many thanks Deepak for the great time myself, my daughter,Jacqui,and the two children had with you in Agra.The tour of the Taj Mahal, Red Fort& Mini Taj was all the more enjoyable by you sharing your vast knowledge with us.Your help with the photos was greatly appreciated so we could all be in the photos.When the train was cancelled due to the thick fog the following morning you arranged for the taxi to take us back to Delhi ,thanks also go to the taxi driver.You really made our trip to Agra an unforgettable experience and I would recommend you as a guide to anyone. Thanks once again from Loisa,Jacqui,Andrew and Tina

Kolkata (Calcutta...
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Agra tour guide - thank you Deepak Sharma

Can u tell me the charging cost was? how much time you took

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
7,709 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Agra tour guide - thank you Deepak Sharma

Shikha3042012,

Your question is not clear.

deepak

birmingham
Level Contributor
205 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Agra tour guide - thank you Deepak Sharma

i would also like to thank deepak for the tour he game us

he knows all the sites very well when to best places for pics etc

and took ksome great pics of me and the wife

Edited: 31 December 2011, 01:44
staffordshire
Level Contributor
294 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Agra tour guide - thank you Deepak Sharma

Hi thinking of doing a tour of india in october for 6 weeks endind up in goa have you any sugestions of what to see . would like to visit shimla , triangle , gangese, mysore . kerala. is this to much to do in 4 to6 weeks. Would like your advise ,and what time of the year would be best