We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon Travel Plan for Ooty- Mysore & Bangalore"

Vadodara, India
6 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon Travel Plan for Ooty- Mysore & Bangalore"

Hello

I am planning my honeymoon to Ooty-Mysore-bangalore

I am starting from Delhi on 9th April 2012 and reach Coimbatore at 14:45 hrs.

Leaving plan from OOty is 13th..

I am planning to visit Mysore and Bangalore on 13th & 14th

and Flight booked from Bangalore to Vadodara.

Kindly Help.

Suggest Best Hotels in Mysore & bangalore ,

Cab services while sight seeing in OOty-Mysore and Bangalore

India
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon Travel Plan for Ooty- Mysore & Bangalore"

Accomadation in Mysore

ITDC Lalitha Mahal Palace charges strats from 4000/- plus taxes for double occupency in their turret.

Budget option is Dashaprakash Paradise Hotel, Yadavgiri near vikram hospital. INR 2000/- for double.( Do not confuse with Mysore Dashaprakash at city centre)

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1,937 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon Travel Plan for Ooty- Mysore & Bangalore"

hi munjal_doc,

Ooty to Mysore is around 130 kms. better to hire a cab for this journey to enjoy the scenic beauty and Mudumalai/Bandipur forest . or else you can board a Cummins or Volvo from ooty .

i guess Lalith Mahal Palace or Royal Orchid Metropole are the bests in mysore .

in Bangalore , The Taj West End ,The Oberoi Bangalore are the ones amongst the bests.

Cab services wont be a problem at all , as these places are popular tourist spots . Contacting the travel desk in the hotel would be the best thing to do .

Vadodara, India
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon Travel Plan for Ooty- Mysore & Bangalore"

Thank You very much for Your valuable suggestion indu99, & twonhalf

Please suggest me places must to visit..............?

I didnot hired any tour package.....So wht should be best plan to visit all three places..............

Should I hire Cab for Whole day in Ooty ...? As I having 4 days in OOty

How I should go to Cooner ? Best will be Train or Cab ?

Any Donots for this plan ?

DO's for the plan

Please

Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon Travel Plan for Ooty- Mysore & Bangalore"

The City Guides are also pretty accurate. Have a look at the following -

1. tripadvisor.com/QuickGuide-g297628-Bangalore…

2. tripadvisor.com/QuickGuide-g304553-Mysore_Ka…

3. tripadvisor.com/QuickGuide-g303890-Kodaikana…

4. tripadvisor.com/QuickGuide-g297679-Ootacamun…

Edited: 11 March 2012, 23:33
chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras)
Level Contributor
4,913 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon Travel Plan for Ooty- Mysore & Bangalore"

Hi munjal,

4 days at ooty you can cover lake with boating, Botanical garden, Rose Garden, thottabetta , Pykara lake and pykara waterfalls, and Coonor I think you can cover these places in at most in 2 days no need to hire cab for 4 days. If can also visit Coonor by toy train and return.

From Ooty to Mysore you must pass through Mudumalai and Bandipur wildlife sanctuaries these sanctuaries are closed now temporarily due to forest fire check at the respective forest department to know when will it be open.

The road from bandipur to gundulpet is closed from 9 pm to 6 am because of hitting vehicles over the animal.

At mysore you can visit Brindavan Garden only at 7-8 pm light display with fountain water so plan accordingly, mysore palace tipu palace chamundeswari temple are sightseeing options.

I have booked in May Hotel Roopa at Niligiri raod mysore I have seen mixed reviews about this hotel in this site

with regards,

Alen_10

Edited: 11 March 2012, 23:39
Vadodara, India
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon Travel Plan for Ooty- Mysore & Bangalore"

My getting Offer to Visit following from Big Travels ..

OOTYMYSORE - BANGALORE PACKAGE

13/04/12

Ooty - Mysore :Pick from ooty proceed to Mysore,on the way visit Bandipur/Madumalai jungle safari (Wildlife Safari)chk in hotel after lunch visit Chamundi Hill ,Maharaja Palace - the palace is a splendid structure in the Indo-Saracenic Style, among its many attractions are a magnificent gold throne, Art Gallery - the art gallery in the Jaganmohan Palace houses an excellent collection of ceramics, sandalwood, ivory, stone, antique furniture and ancient musical instruments, St. Philomena’s Church - this imposing Gothic structure with beautiful stained glass windows and lofty towers is a must see. Later on in the evening visit Brindavan Garden - the Krishna Raja Sagar Dam after sundown, when musical fountains and colored lights transform this place into a magical fairyland. Return to hotel and overnight Stay @Mysore

14/04/12

After Morning breakfast check out and proceed to Bangalore enroute visit Srirangapatna. On arrival, check in to a hotel. After lunch Lal Bagh- 240 acres of beautifully sculpted gardens, flowers abound, rare collection of tropical and sub-tropical plants. Glasshouse (built on the lines of London’s Crystal Palace) covers 18000sq feet. Vidansaudha, Vishweshwariah Industrial and Tecwhnological Museum,Bannerghatta National Park.and ISKON temple Cubbon Park,State Archeological Museum,Planetarium (Established in 1989, the Planetarium is a visual delight for children and adults. The sound and light show "The Sky Theater Show" about the marvels of the universe, the planets and the solar system, is designed to be informative and entertaining. The theatre can seat up to two hundred and ten persons) Return to hotel and Bangalore and overnight.

24/04/12 : After morning breakfast checkout and proceed to drop bangalore airport.

15500/-INR Cost Per Couple

PLACES

RESORT DETAILS

MYSORE

Wind Flower Resorts and Spa.

BANGALORE

Nandini Deluxe

Please suggest ........Should I go for this package or Hire some personal Vehicle and self Hotel Bookings

Edited: 12 March 2012, 00:03
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1,937 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon Travel Plan for Ooty- Mysore & Bangalore"

Ooty:

Ooty Lake

Doddabetta Peak

Dolphin's Nose, Coonoor

Ooty Botanical Gardens

Pykara Lake and Pykara Falls

Coonoor coffee gardens

Toy train ride from Coonoor to Ooty

Sim's Park, Coonoor

Mysore:

Nanjangudu temple

Srirangapatnam Fort, Srirangapatna

St Philomena's Church

Mysore Zoo (hope it still has the gorilla)

Chamundeswari Temple and hill

Brindavan Gardens and Kaveri dam and Sone Lumiere

Mysore Palace

Bangalore:

City sight-seeing tour including Bannerghata Biological Park

Note: If you are planning to buy the exotic tea leaves and Nilgiri oils from ooty , get some expert advice from the hotel on locating the authentic shop. Same goes with the sandalwood from Mysore or Bangalore.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1,937 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon Travel Plan for Ooty- Mysore & Bangalore"

I would have asked you to book the hotels and the cabs , had it not been ur honeymoon . probably , you would have saved a few hundreds or may be a thousand .

but you can always do it , in your anniv trips.

GO FOR IT !! u r not losing anything.

Vadodara, India
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Honeymoon Travel Plan for Ooty- Mysore & Bangalore"

Thanx twonhalf , Alen_10 & shortsightedsid.

Yes twoonhalf Sir,

This is my Honeymoon tour.

As per Your suggestion Tour Package will be fine ?

I am right ?

Any Review Regarding Big travels ?

Edited: 12 March 2012, 00:56
Chennai (Madras...
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Tamil Nadu
Level Contributor
3,690 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Honeymoon Travel Plan for Ooty- Mysore & Bangalore"

Hi

April and May are the peak holiday seasons at Ooty and Coonoor. So, booking your stay and transport in advance (especially since it is a special occassion) is absolutely essential.

That brings up the next point, which is, maybe you should mix your trip with a couple of days of tranquil and peaceful time on your honeymoon . . . . for most of the places of interest discussed above are 'Touristy' ones, which are bound to be crowded during peak season. Maybe a plantation stay or a homestay in a quite place for a day or two would be ideal amidst your packed schedule. . .

regards

Rajan

Get answers to your questions about Ooty (Udhagamandalam)