We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangalore - Ooty trip help.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
15 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Bangalore - Ooty trip help.

Hey Guys,

I am planning to travel to Ooty from Bangalore in May last week. I have prepared a rough itinerary for 3N/4D. Please review it and update me if I have missed anything. As I am travelling with my parents, so I would avoid places where a lot of walking/trekking is required and want this trip to be more relaxing.

Day 1- Start from Bangalore at 6 am. stop at Mysore for breakfast. Reach Ooty by 2 pm. Check-in at the hotel. Visit Rose Garden, Boat Lake, Dodabetta in the evening.

Day 2- Head to Coonoor by car(tickets for toy train is already full in irctc). Visit Lamb's rock, Brooklyn tea Factory and Sims Park. Drive back to Ooty in the evening.

Day 3- Visit Pylara leg(Lake, falls, shooting point). Shopping in the evening of local products like Chocolates, tea, oils etc.

Day 4- Leave Ooty in the morning after breakfast and reach Bangalore by noon.

Also, Can you please suggest a good taxi service from Bangalore to Ooty. I have checked with savari cabs online and found it okay.

Thanks,

Richa

Edited: 09 May 2018, 19:36
Mentioned in this post
Ooty (Udhagamandalam)
Ooty (Udhagamandalam)
The Nilgiris District, India
Bangalore District
Bangalore District
Karnataka, India
Mysuru (Mysore)
Mysuru (Mysore)
Mysore District, India
Rose Garden
Rose Garden
1,125 Reviews
Ooty (Udhagamandalam), India
Coonoor
Coonoor
Lamb's Rock
Lamb's Rock
363 Reviews
Coonoor, India
5 replies to this topic
chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras)
Level Contributor
4,834 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bangalore - Ooty trip help.

hi

Day 1 after 2 pm covering Rose Garden lake boating and Doddabedda is tight

Visit Doddabedda on day 2 after coming back from Connor

other itinerary OK go ahead

for reliable taxi operator from Bangalore post in Bangalore forum

Edited: 10 May 2018, 03:11
Mentioned in this post
Rose Garden
Rose Garden
1,125 Reviews
Ooty (Udhagamandalam), India
Bangalore District
Bangalore District
Karnataka, India
Chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Tamil Nadu
Level Contributor
3,650 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bangalore - Ooty trip help.

Agree with Ramdoss on day one. Maybe after the garden, you can take on the shopping options, especially for chocolates, oil, varukey etc, as some of the best in Ooty like King Star, is right across the gates of the garden. Some of the best tea can be bought during your tea factory visit at Coonoor.

Mentioned in this post
Coonoor
Coonoor
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
15 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bangalore - Ooty trip help.

Thank you for your quick reply :)

4. Re: Bangalore - Ooty trip help.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2018, 02:54

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
15 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bangalore - Ooty trip help.

How is weather at Ooty now? Weather.com app shows "Thunderstorms/rains" in next week. Will it be safe to visit ooty at this time? We have planned our trip from May 24-27

Mentioned in this post
Ooty (Udhagamandalam)
Ooty (Udhagamandalam)
Reply to: Bangalore - Ooty trip help.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted