We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jungle trek

Which Coimbatore hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Coimbatore, Tamil...
2 posts
Save Topic
Jungle trek

Hi, I'm Suvabrata from Coimbatore. We are planning for a small jungle trek near or within 100 kms from Coimbatore with a strength of about 10 to 15 trekkers, letme tell u that we are NOT hardcore trekkers we just want to be with nature for a full day, i would request you to please suggest me a location for this type of a trek where we can trek through a bit of jungle and maybe to some waterfall. The night will be spent in a inspection bunglow or a guest house whichever will be available and return back the next day.

Thanks,

Regards

Suvabrata Ghose

chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras)
Level Contributor
3,504 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jungle trek

Hi suvabrata,

Top slip near pollachi will be relevant jungle for you. you can stay at forest department guest house or parambikulam wildlife sanctuary which is forest area of kerala government

with regards,

Alen_10

Edited: 11 February 2012, 22:15
Coimbatore, Tamil...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Jungle trek

Thanx Alen, this is a great help, thanx again.

Regards

Coimbatore, India
Level Contributor
9 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jungle trek

Let me know if you get any contact and if you are willing to have one more participant. Mail me at yogis.savvy@gmail.com

Edited: 25 February 2012, 19:23
Chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Tamil Nadu
Level Contributor
3,054 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jungle trek

Hi

Agree with Alen. Parambikulam is an ideal place for you to explore the wilds. You can get more details about your trekking options at Parambikulam at the following website: www.parambikulam.org

Other trekking options are Valparai, especially the Grass Hills trek, where an overnight at the Konalar Hut (basic amenities, no electricity) is an experience in itself. The wild life wardens offfice at Pollachi may provide you more details on this one.

Lastly, the Anaikatti range is fast developing into a popular trek route in this region. The advantage is, it is hardly 25 Kms from Coimbatore and is pretty easy route to trek. The forest department office at Mangarai (near Anaikatti) or the Coimbatore offices will give you details on this one.

regards

Rajan

5. Re: Jungle trek

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2013, 19:36