We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary

London, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Itinerary

Hello guys,

I'm trying to plan my next trip to India and I need some advice.

I have read various posts in the forums and I tried to draw a route, for now quite flexible (since I do not know exactly what there is to see) and I wonder if the itinerary and the days planned in each place, is feasible:

Friday, March 23, 2012 noon Arrival in Delhi

Saturday, March 24, 2012 Delhi

Sunday March 25, 2012 Agra (Taj Mahal)

Monday, March 26, 2012 Ranthambore National Park

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 Jaipur

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 Jaipur

Thursday, March 29, 2012 Pushkar

Friday, March 30, 2012 Pushkar

Saturday, March 31, 2012 Jodhpur

Sunday 1 April 2012 Udaipur

Monday 2 April 2012 Udaipur

Tuesday 3 April 2012 Flight to Delhi??

Wednesday 4 April 2012

Thursday 5 April 2012

Friday April 6, 2012

Saturday 7 April 2012

Sunday April 8, 2012 13:15 Departure from Delhi

I would like to go around by train most of the time.

It 's too intense? Are there nice places that I've missed out? Should I consider a few more days in Rajasthan?

I'm a bit worried that this itinerary might be not diversified enough and though I would like to go somewhere else after Udaipur, like some beautiful beach or Varanasi but I do not know if that makes sense considering the rest of my tour.

With regard to the seaside, would you recommend? Is it better to go to Goa or the coast near Bombay or flying in Kochin and find a nice beach somewhere? I would like to avoid very touristic seaside resorts too.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Danuta

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,600 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary

Hi Danuta

Check the Train connections and set your itinerary according Jodhpur- Udaipur no train

and suugest you to spend some time in Goa after your tour

Edited: 27 February 2012, 20:54
Halifax, Canada
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary

I just completed a 20 day tour of Rahasthan in Nov & Dec. I wrote a travelogue. Lots of pictures and comments. It can be downloaded as a pdf file at

2shared.com/document/…Rakesh_tour.html

It is about 150 megabytes and will take 10 minutes to download.

Halifax, Canada
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary

I just completed a 20 day tour of Rahasthan in Nov & Dec. I wrote a travelogue. Lots of pictures and comments. It can be downloaded as a pdf file at

"2shared.com/document/…Rakesh_tour.html"

It is about 150 megabytes and will take 10 minutes to download.

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,028 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary

Not enough time at ranthambhor for tiger spotting . You can visit Bharat pur Bird sanctuary after Agra on the way to Ranthambhor. Goa will be easy to travel or Kovalam beach is also popular.

deepak

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
700 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary

Hi Danuta

Book safaris online at www.rajasthanwildife.in Recommend you ad add another night in Ranthambore as advised by Deepakji. You can reduce a night at Pushkar and add at Ranthambore

You should definitely include Varanasi. You can fly or take a train from Delhi to Varanasi

Have a great trip!

- Manjari

Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
4,612 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Itinerary

Staying 02 days in Pushkar is too long , you should include Jaisalmer in Your Itinerary.

Delhi - Varanasi-Agra - Bharatpur - Ranthambhore-Jaipur - Jaisalmer-Jodhpur-Ajmer( Pushkar)- Udaipur - Delhi.

All above places are well connected by train if seats are available. Fifteen days is enough time to see all.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,493 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Itinerary

Add Varanasi from Delhi and get the overnight train to Agra, it's a fascinating place and imo shouldn't be missed.

8. Re: Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 06:17