We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leh in August for solo traveller

3 posts
Leh in August for solo traveller

Hi, i'm solo traveller wanna go to Leh in august 11-16. Is it possible for me to go to pangong tso, nubra valley, khardung la, tso moriri, and srinagar in 5 days with public transportation? Or maybe any opentrip go there place for me to join? Or maybe the same solo traveler like me go there on that date, so we can share cost together. Thanks

5 replies to this topic
Umeå
Destination Expert
for Leh
Level Contributor
6,360 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Leh in August for solo traveller

The Tso’s is what can’t be covered with state buses - once weekly for Pangong Tso. Tons of agents in Leh are looking to sell a slot in tours. There is no safe way to cover overnighting at both in five days , and you should start from the Srinagar end to start acclimatization.

3 posts
2. Re: Leh in August for solo traveller

So, u suggest me to do trip from srinagar and finish in Leh?

Umeå
Destination Expert
for Leh
Level Contributor
6,360 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Leh in August for solo traveller

Ideally take the bus , with a stop in Kargil :

http://korta.nu/chilling

3 posts
4. Re: Leh in August for solo traveller

okay. so i trip with a public bus going from Srinagar to Kargil, and Kargil to Leh? Is the bus is daily service? is the bus is stop for a moment in the sightseeing spot?

Umeå
Destination Expert
for Leh
Level Contributor
6,360 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Leh in August for solo traveller

Daily buses -and shared cabs - from the Tourist Reception Center in Srinagar. Often but not guaranteed a PPP ( photos , pee & prayers ) pause at the Zoji & Fotu La. Within Ladakh and on the Srinagar-Leh-Manali road I usually don’t bother checking bus schedules going back to Leh , I walk down to the road and see who picks me up first .

Edited: 21 May 2018, 21:14
Reply to: Leh in August for solo traveller
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted