We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zanskar trip and lakes in Ladakh

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
50 posts
336 reviews
Zanskar trip and lakes in Ladakh

Is it possible to visit the monasteries in Zanskar and lakes in Ladakh like Pangong,Tso moriri in 7 days?Some suggestive itinerary from the experts here will be highly appreciated.Can this trip be done without prebooking from any tour operators?Thanks.

2 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
51 posts
1. Re: Zanskar trip and lakes in Ladakh

Hello Traveler,

Yes you can travel Ladakh without any prior bookings if you are not choosy about hotels, Ladakh is all safe for even solo travelers.

For 7 Days Trip you can follow the stranded itinerary:

Day 1: On Leh arrival - Just relax whole day walk through the market, Shanti Stupa, Leh Palace, intact local peoples, acclimatize your self.

Day 2: Go till Alchi on Leh-Srinagar Highway visiting Gurdwara pathar sahib, hall of fame, magnetic hill, lamayuru, Zanskar confluence, alchi and back to leh.

Day 3: Leh to Nubra visiting KhardungLa, Hundar, Panamik, etc and stay in Nubra

Day 4: Nubra to Pangong via Shyok (July-Aug. this rout may close)

Day 5: Pangong to Leh visiting Thiksey Monastery, Shey Palace

Day 6: today you can go & back to Tso Moriri but may very hectic (this day will be only available if on day 4 you go direct Pangong)

Day 7: you can fly back or can make it a free day

Have a safe Journey

Greetings from DiscoverNH

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
50 posts
336 reviews
2. Re: Zanskar trip and lakes in Ladakh

Thanks for your detailed and prompt reply.

Just would like to share that I have travelled to all these places few years back.My question was regarding some suggestive itinerary covering all the main monasteries and sightseeing in Zanskar and Pangong and Tso moriri.If anybody can give me some inputs regarding accommodation/local contacts for transport etc. that would be very helpful.Thinking of flying to Leh and then do the lakes and then Zanskar valley and back to Leh to fly out.Hope that works.

Reply to: Zanskar trip and lakes in Ladakh
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted