We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour of Kashmir

Nagpur, India
Level Contributor
51 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Tour of Kashmir

Dear Ashish ,

My Parents are on Kashmir tour,Vaishnodevi as group tour but I am little worried for them.

Can you help me out for some do's & don'ts in Kashmir.

Also they want to purchase gifts for Family members.

I will be great ful if you let me know what to buy from kashmir

and if possible from where to buy

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
37,596 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour of Kashmir

Tell them to buy genuine stuff (Carpet, Shawls, Winter Garments, Handicrafts etc) from J&K Govt. Emporium, opposite Dal Lake. Auto Rickshaws may discourage them to go there, but they should insist on that particular shop. They are open till 6.30 p.m. Avoid so called 'shawl factory'. Buy dry fruits from Lal Chowk.

May take walnut fudge from Hazratbal's Bakery.

AshisRoy

Edited: 20 April 2012, 20:36
2. Re: Tour of Kashmir

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 09:16