We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ladies wear

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
101 reviews
ladies wear

Hi. I just wondered what you ladies suggest to wear of an evening.Usually on hol I wear a dress and heels at night,but I,m taking the advice not to bring heels. I am more than happy to wear shorts at night but don't want to give the mozzies a feast.I<m a short lady so a dress without heels is a no no. Any suggestions.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
7,835 posts
1 review
1. Re: ladies wear

Definitely DO NOT wear heels whatever your height. You're likely to break an ankle! I've come close to busting an ankle even wearing flip-flops!

Pretty much anything goes clothes-wise in Goa. I normally wear dresses of an evening with pretty flip-flops (bought in Goa). But shorts and tops, skirts, dresses, light trousers etc are fine. There really isn't a dress code.

Essex, United...
Level Contributor
251 posts
114 reviews
2. Re: ladies wear

Hi

I usually wear harem pants, wide leg trousers, maxi skirts paired with a vest top, sometimes a maxi dress. I'm petite as well but never wear heels - a nice pair of blingy flip flops does the job!

regards

PP

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
1,035 posts
37 reviews
3. Re: ladies wear

I'm short as well, just under 5 ft. I wear capri pants and tops, I don't wear heels but have some lovely 2 .5 inch wedges sandals which give me some height without the danger of the heel, lots of ladies wear loose maxi dresses with flip flop type shoes

Hastings, uk
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
17 reviews
4. Re: ladies wear

Something cool and comfortable and definitely no heels.

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
334 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: ladies wear

Cool, comfy and casual.

Definitely not heels.

Level Contributor
72 posts
12 reviews
6. Re: ladies wear

I've just come back after the first time of going... I took way too many clothes!! Honestly don't do it!! Heels are a no no!! I usually ear nice dresses... I would suggest take one or two in case u go for a nice meal or night out but other than that anything goes!! I bought clothes there and wore those... also cheap flip flops as they get wrecked!!

Harlow, England...
Level Contributor
360 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: ladies wear

Just another thing to remember, anything white gets ruined and turns red by the dust in the air, including bras!

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
101 reviews
8. Re: ladies wear

Thanks everyone. I now have a good excuse to go shopping.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
7,835 posts
1 review
9. Re: ladies wear

Chrispete - you really must buy the flip-flops. I have been buying them for years for myself (and I get orders from my family and friends for them too). They are the most comfortable flip-flops I have ever worn and are soooo pretty! I have a pair in virtually every colour so I can always colour co-ordinate with my clothes lol.

There is a shop in Calangute I have been buying from for years as the quality is better than those on the street stalls or markets and I always get a good discount for buying several pairs.

10. Re: ladies wear

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2017, 17:17
Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations