We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bartering with dentists

Which Candolim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Bartering with dentists

First time in Goa 15th april, Candolim, Magnum resort. Whilst there i'm going to have some cosmetic dentistry done already emailed 3 or 4 dentists & have an idea of prices, are these prices negotiable or cast in stone.....dont mind offending a jeweller or a bag maker but not someone whos gunna stick needles in me gums....if its not the 'done thing'

london
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
8,697 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bartering with dentists

JOHNNYHH i have had a lot of work done in Goa to my teeth, i have never bartered with my Dentist, i would say its not the done thing.:)) Gel

Surrey
Level Contributor
223 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bartering with dentists

I agree with Gel

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bartering with dentists

Try the Smile clinic in Calangute, I got the Zoom Advanced teeth whitening the other week on offer should have been 15,000 rps got it for 8,000 and I'm well pleased with the results. Its costs about £500 here.

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
3,496 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bartering with dentists

I agree with LondonGel & HarleyStar, I don't think it's the done thing.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bartering with dentists

Thank you very much for your advice friends.....i'll look out for offers, maybe hint @ other work i want doing but take the quote given as set......wish me luck haha....

london
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
8,697 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bartering with dentists

Which ever Dentist you decide to use, i would email and make a appointment before you go. :)) Gel

Manchester
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Bartering with dentists

Hi Johnnyhh, i had my teeth done 2 yr ago, on christmas day i might add, all 14 teeth on top set crowned , never looked back , in chair 4 1/2 hrs until 10pm & then went for a drink after.& finally fitted on new yr eve, paid a fraction of uk price & my dentist in Manchester says its a brill job so cannot complain. good luck with the treatment......... you will wish you had it done yrs ago.

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Bartering with dentists

get the work done,then try haggling,it might be less painful that way,lol,lol,lol.

Vagator, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,360 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bartering with dentists

If you are having quiet a bit of work done there is normally room to do a deal, this is India and I can't see any dentist getting upset if you ask him for a discount

We have used our dentist for years and he has quite often given us a free check up and clean if one of the family or our freinds is having work done , says it's his way of keeping us going back and to say thank you for taking our freinds there

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
3,098 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bartering with dentists

Its not bartering as that is when you offer to do some service in payment for the work or goods.

Haggling is not really done with dentists but see how you feel when you are there and get the estimate done before you say yes to the work, there maybe room to discuss it then.

Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations