We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas in Calangute & Baga - 2013

LONDON
Level Contributor
210 posts
196 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas in Calangute & Baga - 2013

Hi everyone. Ok I'm old hat with Goa been many times but never for Christmas. I know it will be busy I'm from London so that doesn't phase me nor hyped up prices as I'm sure it will still be far cheaper than a pint or a short in central London :-) I arrive 21st Dec until NY Day as I'm back at work on 02/01 unfortunately.

But, please can anyone tell me about what goes on?? I have read that 2am Christmas morning the beaches come alive until sunrise is this so ?? I'm not young but not old so I still like a good time music, drinking & dancing so please can anyone give me some idea of what happens also are the bars open on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day Night??

Lots of questions sorry. Also the Christmas Gala dinner on Christmas Day at the hotels are they good or is it like the usual banquet nights they hold with self service Indian dishes. I'm just considering booking a table at Soumyens Kitchen for our Christmas Dinner as want to make sure it's good.

Any tips folkes would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Cheers

Craig

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
862 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas in Calangute & Baga - 2013

Hi, I go every Christmas and new year. It's busier than before and after mostly because of domestic tourists. The beaches are busy at night and all the shack hold firework displays on Christmas Eve and NYE. If you book a package this will probably include a gala dinner on one or both nights. The bars celebrate and usually have a singer etc... On although the pubs definately not as busy as they used to be as I think a lot of people stay in their hotels but the beaches are full.

I wouldn't say prices rise for food and drink etc... They will try to offer you to buy expensive wine to bring in the new year which you can pre order. The only rises may be the taxis who will try their ver best to rip you because the roads are extra busy.

Souymans kitchen would be a fantastic idea for dinner.

I love it this time of year enjoy :)

Stels

LONDON
Level Contributor
210 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas in Calangute & Baga - 2013

Thanks Stels. I have a package with the hotel it Includes the dinner Xmas day and NYE but I was wondering if it was the usual buffet things they do which doesn't appeal really and wanted a nice Xmas day dinner which will be too late to book on the day :-)

dewsburyYorkshire
Level Contributor
4,459 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas in Calangute & Baga - 2013

Craig you pay for Gala meals in hotel with the price of holiday, that is the reason prices are higher. A lot of guests stay in hotel for this.We have had our gala meal every year for past 5yrs and have really enjoyed it. Last year they included a lot of English food (actual Turkey)... was yummy and Xmas pudding. There is entertainment on games fireworks and visit by Santa..a very good night we think.. it all depends on where you staying as to the food. Why dont you e.mail hotel to ask? We find Xmas is a lot quieter than New Year, well it was last year..

4. Re: Christmas in Calangute & Baga - 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 00:13
Edited: 14 December 2013, 00:13
London, United...
Level Contributor
618 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas in Calangute & Baga - 2013

Hi Thornhill

Know its an old post but just our if interest where do you book or stay to eat at Xmas as you didn't mention the hotel. 5 years on the trot is pretty good going

dewsburyYorkshire
Level Contributor
4,459 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas in Calangute & Baga - 2013

Hi chockablock..We stay in Ticlo at Calengute and they have an Xmas New a Year Gala Meal..

The post you read was to someone who was staying in our hotel.. Hope this is what you wanted to know

London, United...
Level Contributor
618 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas in Calangute & Baga - 2013

Thanks so much Thornhill

I will check that out

8. Re: Christmas in Calangute & Baga - 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2015, 04:18