We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help needed for goa!!! Please

bristol
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Help needed for goa!!! Please

Hi,

I was hoping someone could help me out there. My girlfirend desperately wants to go to Goa. So as a suprise we are going for a week early november but as im in sole charge I dont want to mess it up.

Could anyone help me with the following:

1-a unique/different place to stay. We are looking for accomodation right on the beach if we can. With sea view etc. Ive heard there maybe cottages/chalets or even tented accomodation on some of the quieter private beaches.

2-A day trip or overnight trip involving the jungle or wildlife to do on our holiday

3-And finally the weather will be ok early novermber?

I understand this may be a bit costly but thats the wat it is. If anyone can help that would be great as im bound to mess it up

david

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help needed for goa!!! Please

Right on the beach - in a beach shack or somewhere smart?

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
3,098 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help needed for goa!!! Please

You could try Cola beach Blue lagoon

www.colabeach.com

Cheshire
Level Contributor
163 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Help needed for goa!!! Please

With it being a suprise dont forget to get you and your girlfriend Visa's.

Cant help with point 1 but for point 2 try the Jungle Book trip, ok its not cheap but you stay over night have 4 meals, ride elephants, wash elephants and get washed by the elephants oyu also do other bits and bobs.

With point one though you could stay somewhere busier and go on one of the many trips that stay a night or two on a quiet beach in huts. Haven't done it myself but i'm told they are lovely beaches and very quiet.

Here's an example:-

http://daytrippergoa.com/khola.html

Good luck anyway!

Plymouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
5,286 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help needed for goa!!! Please

the visa will be the biggest problem for you. i sugest you download the visa form from :- www.hcilondon.org you will then see that there are some questions that you may not be able to answer without speaking to your girlfriend!!!! i should check this out and then see if its possible to make it a suprise.

BOB

London, United...
Level Contributor
714 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Help needed for goa!!! Please

for overnight stay in beach huts mandrem is your best bet in the north or agonda in the south for peace and tranquility.

one other suggestion,why dont you go for 2 weeks if possible?

New delhi
Level Contributor
21 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help needed for goa!!! Please

November-February is the perfect weather to go to goa if u are looking for sun n sand. at this time the weather is perfect but since its the high season for goa the prices go through the roof.

As far as accomadation on the beach goes and budget is not an issue there numerous 3 star and 5 star resorts with sea view villas and cottages,take ur

r pic from any travelwebsite.

The shacks on the beach are eating joints and not staying lodges....

There is no day trip available from goa for a proper wildlife, jungle tour. Any worthwile wildlife sanctuary are outside the state.

swar

Dubai
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Help needed for goa!!! Please

Hi,

If you like to be nearer to beach and quieter place then try at www.mariapauloagonda.com

thanks

Derby, England
Level Contributor
372 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help needed for goa!!! Please

It's a long way to go for just a week I'd say you should be booking at least 2 as it'll be over far too quick with travel there.

Preston
Level Contributor
183 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help needed for goa!!! Please

I don't agree, I have been twice just for a week. Obviously would have preferred to have been there for 2 weeks, but 1 week is better than not going at all !

10. Re: Help needed for goa!!! Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 00:19