We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Airport

Hi, just wanted to know what the airport is like in Goa and roughly how long are wait times?

We arrive on Sunday morning at 8ish. My mum is in a wheelchair and I also have a toddler so wanted to know what to expect

Thank you

9 replies to this topic
Coventry, UK
Level Contributor
3,728 posts
83 reviews
1. Re: Airport

If you have an e-visa, it could take a couple of hours to get through immigration. But you might be able to get priority for your wheel chair passenger.

Level Contributor
2,511 posts
27 reviews
2. Re: Airport

Expect anything up to two hours...

Nottinghamshire...
Level Contributor
1,059 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: Airport

Hi Candlesticks,

Wheelchair users are normally the last to vacate the plane and as such can spend a long time queing at immigration. However there are always "boys" who will [for a fee] grab hold of your whole party and push past the long lines, up to the front. This has been mentioned before and is now being abused by certain types who having got through immigration by this service miraculously regain the power to walk again!

Ray

Level Contributor
50 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Airport

Ray531, we’ve seen them too. Despicable bunch of tricksters.

Two hours in the queue too.

Never get an e-visa again.

Back to the old one for us in future, then in a taxi and on our way.

Liverpool, England...
Level Contributor
1,920 posts
14 reviews
5. Re: Airport

Also it can depend who you are flying with direct flights with Thomas Cook or Thompson’s most passengers have Evisa and can often land around the same time as a Russian charter.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
7,836 posts
1 review
6. Re: Airport

I agree with Redhank.

We flew with Qatar and we were really surprised to find the evisa queue so short. It took only a few minutes for us. The regular visa queue was the longest when our flight landed.

Dorset
Level Contributor
2,006 posts
46 reviews
7. Re: Airport

Candlesticks, I guess you’re on the Tui Gatwick flight arriving approx 8 am Sunday and, yes, a Moscow flight does land around the same time and the immigration queues can be a nightmare, with people lane-switching, pushing in and jumping ahead. It may well be worth tipping one of the boys to get help with your mother’s wheelchair. Unfortunately on the return flight its the same chaos at Dabolim and you will need help. However, as late as this in the season I would expect there to be fewer travellers. There will be no Tui reps inside the airport as they’re not allowed in, so you meet them as you exit. Good luck and enjoy your holiday.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
287 posts
232 reviews
8. Re: Airport

Expect to reach your hotel before noon if you land at 8 in the morning on a Sunday. It is better to remind them to offer the rooms immediately otherwise sometime they will make you wait again at the lobby.

Level Contributor
10 posts
16 reviews
9. Re: Airport

You will get priority as you have a wheelchair traveller

Reply to: Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted