We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday 2013

Which Kololi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
northants
Level Contributor
51 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday 2013

My husband and I enjoyed ourselves so much we have booked to go back to Palma Rima January 2013. Yes the hotel could do with a lick of paint, we were in the block and the rooms could do with a makeover however thats not what what we went on Holiday for.

Pool good, staff lovely very helpful. went to a compound to see Black and Deckers family was lovely.

Beach people lovely, just agree with other comments about the people outside, my husband were not intimidated just found them annoying/pain, I can amagine people not going back because of this, saw people who did find it frightening and intimating, something should be done, speically for people who dont get it. I know their ok however not everyone thinks that.

The people our so lovely, we went to the Resturant Come-inn, it was always busy and the food was lovely. My husband had the Prawn Curry 3 times it cost 210dal I had stack 3 times 245dal so cheap. Did 2 trips with Arch Tours, 4 in 1 and creak fishing both brill xx

Cannot wait to go back

Ilminster, United...
Destination Expert
for Gambia
Level Contributor
5,811 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday 2013

Hi

So pleased you had a great time and found the time to post this review Ive always found the Palma Rima perfectly OK if you intend to get out and about the breakfasts are usually poor and other meals not much better but the facilities and staff are good and near one of the best beaches in the TDA and so close to places like Churchills,Luigis and Solomons Did you consider going for a bungalow next time ? rgds

North Pole, Alaska
Level Contributor
4,538 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday 2013

Hi Milli1960

I too am glad to hear you had a good time, we stayed at the Palma Rima about 6 years ago, although basic it was clean and the food was good in them days! On our third visit to this hotel It went down hill quite rapidly, they turned the ceiling fans off and then tried to charge extra, the food became sparse and no choice just really take it or leave it kind of attitude.

We asked the manager why this had happened and he told us at the time it was due to the tour operators who wouldn't pay an extra 50p per day per person, at the time we said we would gladly pay 50p each to get a better standard of food, but of course we were only 2 people so he wasn't going to change anything for us, whether this was all true or not I do not know!

We still know a few of the staff there but a lot have move on over the years. We know most the taxi drivers and although we rarely used them, they never caused us much hassle, the stall holders were ok too, and of course we know most of the fruit ladies having been involved with them over the past 6 years.

I think I know Black & Decker, but we know him as Blark and Darker and his name would be Tjan, he wears a big hat and did have dreadlocks. If it the same guy we known him for about 6 years, we met him at the Palma Rima and he drives a yellow mercedes. He's a great guy if it's the same one, very trustworthy.

Yes we would stay at Palma Rima Hotel again?

Market Harborough
Level Contributor
1,241 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday 2013

Millie...where is the restaurant Come Inn?...a new one on me. Glad you enjoyed your holiday .

Cantanhede, Portugal
Level Contributor
945 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday 2013

Bob

The come inn is across the highway opp Palma Rima and it's on your left hand side.

Try the chicken afra, 110ds, delicious.

Kim

south yorkshire...
Level Contributor
8,511 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday 2013

black and decker is Tejan, worked as a juice man before he started on the taxis, but his is a green taxi mercedes

fantastic comical rasta, who we have known for 10yrs and would recommend him to everyone

North Pole, Alaska
Level Contributor
4,538 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday 2013

Yes that's the one Sunny and yes your right on all accounts!!! Silly me I mean't green taxi. Very trustworthy and has never ripped us off. Oh and always turns up on time when you book him!!!

"Small world isn't it"?

south yorkshire...
Level Contributor
8,511 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday 2013

yes small world,

we rang him one day on our holiday and told him we were ready he could come and get us, we were at Sardinka guest house, well we had a cuppa and waited, he came and we thought it took him sometime, we said what took you so long, he explained his sister as just got a fruit stall near baileys beach bar and he was painting it when we called, so he carried on painting, until the penny dropped he was suppose to come for us,

we just laughed

But yes usually hes on time, and if he cant come he will send someone else, we dont pay that driver, Tejan sorts it all out for us

scotland
Level Contributor
5,761 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Holiday 2013

Hi ,So glad you enjoyed it ,and were ok with the hotel, shame about people outside ,were they just guys or green taxi drivers ,I often recommend COME INN , meals are great and light lunches fantastic wide screen TV for footie unfortunately no fORMULA 1 whenever I popped in , highly recommend this place

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Holiday 2013

ohhhhhhhhhhhh now i really wanna go back, im on deal watching duty as we speak lol

stoke-on-trent...
Level Contributor
871 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Holiday 2013

milimolimand so am i if you see anything let us know lol

Get answers to your questions about Kololi
Recent Conversations