We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crystal Bay Hurghada info needed pls!

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Crystal Bay Hurghada info needed pls!

Hi, staying here first week of March.

Can you recommend any good restaurants nearby and any good snorkelling spots?

Do the rooms have tea/coffee facilities?

What trips would you recommend?

Does anyone have an email address for the hotel?

Thanks, Amy.

Falcon Adventure - Hurghada
Sightseeing Tours, Other Outdoor Activities, Safaris, Boat Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling
Blue Paradise Diving Center
Boat Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling
Delfinausflug mit MO
Boat Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Swim with Dolphins, Water Sports, Scuba & Snorkeling
Ramashka Tours
Scuba & Snorkeling, Swim with Dolphins, Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, Other Outdoor Activities
Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,508 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crystal Bay Hurghada info needed pls!

We stayed at the Crystal Bay in June 2012. We went with Thomas Cook on an all-inclusive basis so did not feel the need to eat outside the hotel.

Yes, tea and coffee in the room but no milk. Apparently you can ask at the bars for some but we knew about the lack of milk before going and took the ready-made Nescafe sachets with coffee and creamer already mixed with us.

We did not snorkel but there is nowhere immediately in front of the Crystal Bay. You can go to the jetty next door at the Mamlouk but I cannot comment on the quality of what you may see.

The only trip we did was, funnily enough, a snorkelling boat trip. It was ok but the boat was very full. We had done a similar trip the previous year from another hotel and it was much better then.

I did email ahead of time but sorry, I have not kept a record of which address I used. I am sure someone else will be along with the information.

You could read my review for more information if you wished. Have a lovely holiday.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada, Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai
Level Contributor
4,103 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crystal Bay Hurghada info needed pls!

For snorkelling, don't head to the Mamlouk next door to the right, go left instead.

What you need to do is head for the seafood restaurant and then out the back and then you either have to climb over the rocks at the back of the seafood restaurant or just swim round the corner. It all depends on who is watching the hotel next door. The guards next door were very nice and made it clear that if you swam round the corner they wouldn't stop you but would get in trouble if they let you walk round!

When you are around, walk past 2 small jetties until you get just before a longer one (prob about 200m) . Head out and you will get to some great coral, you will see groups of snorkellers here.

Oh and turn your wrist band around so it looks white.

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,508 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Crystal Bay Hurghada info needed pls!

You must have been very keen to snorkel, lesley! We walked to the fish restaurant one morning and the guard let us go upstairs to take some photos and see the view. It was really windy up there in contrast to the beach at the Crystal Bay. It was very refreshing!

4. Re: Crystal Bay Hurghada info needed pls!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2014, 17:17